That range issue..

I wish it was a lake.. And yes i do get notified sometimes for interference and i increase altitute to avoid it. How can i switch to FCC mode? That would be great [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bighorny you mean 396 meters?
Dirty Bird, i would say both but mostly video signal and i have to find out the orientation to safely bring it back to me (sometimes i use the maps within dji go app)

But guys i mean 250 average is fairly low number. No money for mods, i would only get a windsurfer

I have a windsurfer for my old standard where are u from if u would like I will mail it to u???

I'm in cyprus dude if that's possible:/ And omg the willness from all of you guys to help is just unbelievable.. Thanks

~UPDATE~
I just flew on a hill without any trees or buildings and at an altitude of 40m (from where i took off, because it's a hill and the actual altitude from the bird to the bottom was like 80+ meters) i got max distance of 420m with just a diy windsurfer. I feel very happy now and i hope when i manage to get a real windsurfer, i will be able to get my bird even further! Thank you guys for your help!

Here are the pictures image1.PNG image2.JPG image3.JPG

You could try a parabolic range booster, this one was designed by Giuseppe Finizia, you can print this yourself if you have a 3-D printer and then use foil tape or copper foil tape. I don't have the Standard but this has doubled my range on my P3P (there are 2 versions, this one and one for the P3P/P3A/Inspire 1) Also there is a DJI video you should watch about best antenna practices, here is the link.

Link to the thingverse file page (scroll to the bottom and it tells you how you can order a finished one if you don't have access to a 3-D printer MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY WHICH VERSION YOU WANT WHICH IS PHANTOM 3 STANDARD)

Thank you very much my friend. I will try these out! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub