thank you phantom pilots for all the help, im sorry for being a tool

thank you.
I have an x5c and an x5sc. I can actually fly those fairly well. The tech is where I was having issues with getting this one to even power on. I'm hoping to get it in the air tomorrow or the day after of the wind dies down here.
I'm assuming these are designed to handle some wind, but today, especially it has my truck being thrown a little; and, really I want the first time I get this off the ground to not be memorable in a bad way. In the enterim I'm trying to understand hoe to control it the beat way I can from utube.

Last edited:
if i may be so bold.
I've read the manual, I've watched some videos, and I've read here.
it is my understanding that for a noob I should have s1 and s2 both full forward.
to return to home I toggle s1

how do I set altitude hold?

and what are the different flight modes that s2 toggles?

I'm sorry but I see referenced p-GPS and a-GPS; but, I don't see an explanation on what those are. The two "toy" sizes that I have don't have any of the cool stuff and the utubes I've seen just reference f -mode or a mode without saying what they are.

Let's see if I have the right
Upper position is p-mode? It locks its current position with GPS and prevent it from wondering.
Middle position is a-mode it locks kt altitude while in flight
Bottom position is f-mode that let's me use the other modes- waypoint, point of interest and follow me.

I think that's right, but a question- does p-mode also give me an altitude hold lock like a-mode? Or does it only lock the position 2 dimensionally?

Let's see if I have this right
Upper position is p-mode? It locks its current position with GPS and prevent it from wondering.
Middle position is a-mode it locks the altitude while in flight
Bottom position is f-mode that let's me use the other modes- waypoint, point of interest and follow me.

I think that's right, but a question- does p-mode also give me an altitude hold lock like a-mode? Or does it only lock the position 2 dimensionally?

OMG!!!!!!# FINALLY HAD MY FIRST FLIGHT!!!!

it took a week to get it all worked out but after playing with the smaller quads for so long this it was all so worth it! I'm man enough crow and admit when I'm being an anger goat; and I take back every dirty thing I've said.
now to get some more batteries and a another charger. I see how this hobby can be so bloody addicting. Thank you all for the help and for letting me vent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic