Thank god it wasn't a drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Two dead, two injured after small plane crashes into house in Yorba Linda neighborhood

Feb 3, 2019 - Homes on fire after small plane crashes into Yorba Linda neighborhood

Firefighters responded to the scene of a plane crash Sunday afternoon in Yorba Linda, where a Cessna was believed to have plunged into multiple homes, setting at least two dwellings on fire, authorities said.

Heaven forbid if a 2 lb drone flies over people or someone's yard but no worries about private aircraft with their skilled pilots. The Oracle stunt biplane regularly does hammerhead stall tunrn at 500 feet above my neighborhood and their are choppers at similar elevations flying over our houses as well. But the no one at the FAA or in law enforcement is going to care or enforce the regulations (which in my area the minimum legal elevation is 1000 feet AGL for any aircraft without special clearance from feds.

Two dead, two injured after small plane crashes into house in Yorba Linda neighborhood

Feb 3, 2019 - Homes on fire after small plane crashes into Yorba Linda neighborhood

Firefighters responded to the scene of a plane crash Sunday afternoon in Yorba Linda, where a Cessna was believed to have plunged into multiple homes, setting at least two dwellings on fire, authorities said.

Heaven forbid if a 2 lb drone flies over people or someone's yard but no worries about private aircraft with their skilled pilots. The Oracle stunt biplane regularly does hammerhead stall tunrn at 500 feet above my neighborhood and their are choppers at similar elevations flying over our houses as well. But the no one at the FAA or in law enforcement is going to care or enforce the regulations (which in my area the minimum legal elevation is 1000 feet AGL for any aircraft without special clearance from feds.
I feel you, but as you said, special permisions. Do you know if they have one?

I hear you. We regularly have small aircraft fly over our residence at well below the 500ft AGL limit. Oh and how about Allegiant airlines? All the time they are having to return to their takeoff airport because of malfunctions due to poor maintenance. They shouldn't be in the air. I guess it's OK to kill people by the hundreds. But my poor little 2lb drone? OMG!!

Reactions: Harleydude

Good point. Keep in mind, though, that FAR 91.119 d allows helicopters, powered parachutes, and weight-shift control aircraft to operate ar less than minimum altitudes.

If an airplane is fling over any houses around 500 feet then you need to report it to the FAA That is illegal. any kind of aerobatic maneuvers are illegal over houses, Unless it's a sanctioned airshow. Call you locall FAA and report it!

If an airplane is fling over any houses around 500 feet then you need to report it to the FAA That is illegal. any kind of aerobatic maneuvers are illegal over houses, Unless it's a sanctioned airshow. Call you locall FAA and report it!

What should you use to determine absolute altitude?

I'm no longer an active PPL holder (medical/vision) but I do drive a car and not sure I could (always) tell someone is speeding.

#reckless/irresponsible

I've been saying exactly this for YEARS.

D

Had this same thread in Mavic and hasn't even have one thing to do with drones.
Say a prayer for the families of the 5 victims .
This is a drone forum.
Closed it and closing this one.

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31