Texas State Parks,...

Same goes in Florida. All Florida state parks ban the use of drones.

I'm heading to Big Bend Ranch State park in Texas and I have heard of the Texas state park ban on drones. However, I have been to the state park website and have looked at the regulations for state parks in Texas and I see no reference to "drones", "unmanned aircraft" or anything similar. If there is a regulation, can anyone show where it is in a state document. There is even a landing strip for aircraft at this park and there have regulations for that. If in fact they are banned, there should be something on the web site to let us know??

look back at my post #13. It contains the regulation they cite. Same as NPS. I went and made sure I was not on park land, launched and flew over the park and got some footage,I remained outside the park, then landed back outside the park boundary.

look back at my post #13. It contains the regulation they cite. Same as NPS. I went and made sure I was not on park land, launched and flew over the park and got some footage,I remained outside the park, then landed back outside the park boundary.

Okay, I looked at what they referenced and here is what is says:

(a) Upon finding a need for public safety or welfare, or preservation of park resources, the director may impose restriction on public activity and conduct and may limit the use of any area or facility in a state park or a portion thereof. It is an offense for a person to enter or remain in an area or participate in an activity so restricted by the director.

So, that is great, but there is no reference to banning drones anywhere. This just give them the right, but I see nothing that says they ban drones other than that internal memo. How would one know they were banned if it is not on any of the web sites? Look at the state park regulations....they detail things like when you can make noise and when you can't. There are a lot of details in the regulations, but NO reference to drones.

On my post # 13

Attachments

• state park.jpg
    state park.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 425
Planning a trip to palo duro this next weekend. Are the rules still the same as a no fly?

New here!

I dont know for sure but I would bet nothing has changed from the memo the previous poster to you posted,call the park and ask them if it's allowed.(806) 488-2227

Reactions: P4Matt
TXPWD has now updated their website FAQ to show the two parks with RC flying areas and specifically references "drones". It's hilarious to me that they picked Lake Whitney which has an airport in the park.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj