Tethered System for DJI Drones

I understand what you're saying.

I never said that there wasn't a "need" for items like this. I guess the operative phrase is "budget-friendly". And also, as I said, with a 2.5 battery life this would not suffice for an event you described as it wouldn't last long enough and batteries would still need to be replaced (I realize there is no perfect setup for "every" situation).

Perhaps this will meet your needs. However, as I stated, "I" cannot justify the cost. Perhaps you can. Good luck in all your endeavors.

At the moment it is still well outside of OUR budget but at 1/2 the price of the competitor the odds are looking better.

Yea.

No user reviews, still face the physics of adding this 'leash' to a drone.

Thinks prop guards affect flight 'feel"?

It's just not practical enough to replace other solutions or they'd be successfully commercially available already.

Pretty soon the police will be asking you to tether you drone. Or Parks will have signs saying; Drones must be on a leash. Funny!

There is a difference between "flying over the people" and providing Over Watch around the game. We've done this for a few years now at various "Events".

We set up a contained area where no one but the Flight Crew are within and fly the aircraft straight up and hover over the locked area. From here we are able to monitor walk traffic, parking lots, as well as determine emergency access for our ES vehicles should the need arise.

Last year we were doing this at a July 4th event and had a massive fire break out off the property and our fire engines needed to find the path of least resistance... we we able to immediately direct them to the exit route that was least congested. This was an event that had 12K people in a very confined area.

There IS a need for items like this and many of us have been looking for a more budget friendly alternative for a good while.

Thanks for the clarification and depends on country to country... regulations for tethered flight with persistence power can be very different but definitely a no no for flying over people or over footballers.. ha. We fly by the sideline and watch the game! Yeah...

Reactions: BigAl07
Your tethered drone is good, but if the battery power get cut off, the drone will also drop down, right? Any backup battery? And can I use a generator also?

Greetings from LIFELINE Tethered UAV for DJI Drones.. we just want to introduce ourselves in this Forum. We recently developed a new tethered system for DJI Drones - trying to make it as affordable for enthusiasts and also for small production companies dealing with construction/industrial, live-broadcasting and also for first-responders.

In Singapore where we are, there are many no-fly zones as we are a small country with a couple of airports and its always necessary to use a tethered system for our flights. Also the Persistence Power of up to 2.5hours is fantastic for all our industrial work.

Do reach out to us if you have similar projects and we will be happy to see how our tethered system can be of service to you.

Cheers.

Michael +65 94554297 | whatsapp
I am interested in your tether system.
During these extended flights with your tether system, are there any issues with the motors on the drone over heating?
Your system has many uses and possibilites. Thank you.

Reactions: BigAl07
So I guess I’m lost. Does it come with a generator ? I am just trying to justify 6k for a battery and a wire At least with a generator connected you could go til gas and battery ran out. There has to be more then what appears. Don’t get me wrong I can see a need the price is pretty out there.

I am interested in your tether system.
During these extended flights with your tether system, are there any issues with the motors on the drone over heating?
Your system has many uses and possibilites. Thank you.

hi... thanks for your interest in the Lifeline Tethered System. So far, we do not experience any overheating at the outdoor temperature of 25C to 33C.

Do visit LIFELINE Tethered UAV for DJI Drones for more info.

Where are you from?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20