Testing the Argtek mod tomorrow.

Reaction score
Totally jumped the gun and ordered the argtek antennas when i was having severe distance problems (weak signal @ 200 ft). Had a up date firmware pop up 4-5 days ago and have been consistently hitting 800-1000 ft (too chicken to go further) without any problems or warnings. Today in the mail was this beast of a antenna. So tomorrow I fly untill RTH comes on. GOD SPEED GENTLEMEN! I will report back after flight.
1478330146097.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

So first outing with the antenna and I made it 1250 ft out at 375 ft of altitude and the wind starts going crazy. I decided to bring it down and wait for it to calm down. Both are my new best distances! Absolutely no warnings about signal strength.

Reactions: TacomaGuy
Totally jumped the gun and ordered the argtek antennas when i was having severe distance problems (weak signal @ 200 ft). Had a up date firmware pop up 4-5 days ago and have been consistently hitting 800-1000 ft (too chicken to go further) without any problems or warnings. Today in the mail was this beast of a antenna. So tomorrow I fly untill RTH comes on. GOD SPEED GENTLEMEN! I will report back after flight.
View attachment 68283

Hi!
With the Argtek mod is the max distance you hit is 1250ft?
Where are you testing? My record with my p3s with wind surfer is 1715m (5600ft) in ce mode in eu. In the city or some place i got lost signal after few meters or about 2-3hundred meters. But in fields or beach places almost always i can go easly about 1km.

Im thinking about the argtek mode but just for the stability. So do you advice?

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 403
I was testing in the city and the only reason I stopped was the wind. It was my furthest and highest flight so far and everything had full signal strength. Going out again when the wind dies down.

Reactions: TacomaGuy
i did about 2300 feet before i installed an ARGtek, after I got over 3500 feet and this is in a suburban area with lots of wifi interference, I was too nervous to go any further-I could barely see it, and had a spotter using a binocular to verify location-even video feed was not choppy which surprised me, so it makes a standard almost equal to an advanced or professional if you consider that it films close to 4k (2.7) and travels near the distance the others would do in the same situation-for 70 dollars. I doubt anyone could easily keep VLOS past 3500 feet, I'd do the booster but at this point it would be overkill, and a waste since the regulations are VLOS. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Reactions: Captain Knuppel
How are you guys doing it? I go out 1300-1600 ft maxed altitude of 385ft and i freak out. I have had toy grade quads and the RTH function sent it the opposite direction. I know this is a higher class them that but i totalled 2 toy grade drones and really don't want to kill this. So back to the testing fields.

Hi!
With the Argtek mod is the max distance you hit is 1250ft?
Where are you testing? My record with my p3s with wind surfer is 1715m (5600ft) in ce mode in eu. In the city or some place i got lost signal after few meters or about 2-3hundred meters. But in fields or beach places almost always i can go easly about 1km.

Im thinking about the argtek mode but just for the stability. So do you advice?
I got over 10,000 feet with my Argtek.20160920_153958.png

How are you guys doing it? I go out 1300-1600 ft maxed altitude of 385ft and i freak out. I have had toy grade quads and the RTH function sent it the opposite direction. I know this is a higher class them that but i totalled 2 toy grade drones and really don't want to kill this. So back to the testing fields.

I do 400ft altitude with no sweat but I don't go long distances with it, When I get that high I use FPV.

When I had my standard I went out 1.4 miles with the argtek. I loved my standard. I've since upgraded to the advance. but lightbridge is crazt. I can go out closer to 2 miles before rth kicks in with just a windsurfer. I added these lights to my quad and so long as its not in the middle of the day, , I can definitely see the lights that far out .. it looks like a star as it gets darker and they dont way that much. here is the link to my flight with argtek and the standard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IFA03I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IFA03I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I had my standard I went out 1.4 miles with the argtek. I loved my standard. I've since upgraded to the advance. but lightbridge is crazt. I can go out closer to 2 miles before rth kicks in with just a windsurfer. I added these lights to my quad and so long as its not in the middle of the day, , I can definitely see the lights that far out .. it looks like a star as it gets darker and they dont way that much. here is the link to my flight with argtek and the standard.

...and the link to the flight? hahaha. I think you re-pasted the link from the light when you meant to paste a the link to the vid. Those lights look nice. Thanks for the info.

How bright is this light you have any pics with light on

2493m with Argtec and Icarus 27dbm mod.

My stock machine with Icarus was good for 700m

Semi urban environment.

Nigel

Where is everyone buying this mod from? I have seen it on a few places, but some look sketchy at best

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic