terrible video quality with phantom 4

Well there is a serious problem then, 500mb is more than enough, and all I see is washed out grass, movavi on a smaller file like 160mbs I can see each blade of grass with a 3 minute movie, does your original video look like this? ie on your Mac?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
yes, I've just ingested that piece of footage into my mac and it looks the same.....so you reckon it should look alot sharper, even at 1080?

It's heavily pixelated same as your first video, this isn't normal I'll send you a video I did at 160 mb, hopefully you can see the difference

Check out each blade of grass here it's at 160 mb

those video's I sent you are pro res 422 which is an almost identical copy of the original file!

those video's I sent you are pro res 422 which is an almost identical copy of the original file!

Ouch, there is a problem, again I hope someone else with a p4 can give you a heads up, wait for that, hope it's only in your settings to be honest.

I've just bought my Phantom 4 and am pretty shocked by the video quality, especially in d-log where trees and bushes have no detail at all. I've tested just about every variable possible but had an interesting thing happen when I switched over to Mpeg-4 from .mov....the video quality seemed to improve significantly...especially the 4k.....the 2.7k was better also but still seemed very low res for a frame size considerably larger than 1080p. Is anyone else noticing these problems...is the fault in the camera...should I return it?
I do my editing in fcpx.

I don't think the cameras are faulty, i just don't think they are any good.

Well I have had mine for 2.5 weeks and seriously disappointed with it. Whats odd though is that some things look good and other look really crap. I don't think they are all faulty, but believe dji need to correct problem through an update. Rumours say that the more expensive inspire users are in the same boat since the recent firmware update. Have you updated yours?

I too can't use it for my video production business as the quality is on par with a 1990 digital camcorder

Well I have had mine for 2.5 weeks and seriously disappointed with it. Whats odd though is that some things look good and other look really crap. I don't think they are all faulty, but believe dji need to correct problem through an update. Rumours say that the more expensive inspire users are in the same boat since the recent firmware update. Have you updated yours?

Yes the moment I got it!!!

I purchased mine from Apple. I will call tomorrow and see if I can get a full refund. These drones are very cheap and nasty chinese toys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik