Terrible reviews

My 2 cents worth of advice is to get a factory refurbished model, if possible. Factory Refurb’s actually get tested before being resold and in most cases show up just like a new one would (in the box with plastic covering the accessories, etc). Also, they come with a warranty just like a new one would.

Reactions: Neon Euc
The person that comes to a forum is many times having issues. This tends to make forums appear to show more issues than are common.

The same thing happens in Astronomy. A manufacturer makes a fine piece of equipment, excellence in engineering. But a very few, have an issue of some sort and rather than working it out, they blast the internet with their dissatisfaction. They do this on every forum then can find, I assume to vent their frustration or to make the manufacturer pay!:mad: I have seen this many times, an otherwise excellent product is made to seem less than stellar, which is not true.

I have said this before, but worth repeating. DJI sells a lot of Phantoms, lots! If there was a true BIG problem with their products, there would be hundreds of post a day looking for answers. But, as you can see, that is truly not the case.

If you have thousands of units out there and you only see a few problems showing up each week, then that is not a bad situation. If 1% were having problems, we should see 10 for every thousand, with these problems. That would equate to a lot of people, which we don't seem to see on line complaining.The chances are that 1-3% of all products will have an issue, no matter what it is. That is just reality.

The other idea brought up about returns and reselling of the returned items. This too happens all the time with everything on the internet. DJI, sends out refurbished for repairs, some sell them on line too I have heard. But if you got 4 as someone said, before they got a good one. Could it not be possible that these same defective units have been sent out before, maybe a few times. What happens to those that are returned to a vendor, do they return them to DJI for repairs or what?

These craft are much more reliable that any RC that I have owned in the last 40+ years, better range and more responsive. To me it is amazing that they can pack so much I so small a craft.:)
I agree totally with your comments. Don't put down the people that are having problems though. Consider yourself lucky you haven't. I am sure if you would have had 3 bad ones in a row like I did you would be complaning also. Just saying.

The P4 Pro is great.
If your into photography you won't regret buying paying for a pro

I have had a P4 now for a few years and it’s been flawless for the most part. Some hassles here and there, especially after upgrades, but for the most part it works fine.

Was considering a P4P as a backup / second angle unit for my wife to fly when we are out doing landscape work. Glancing at Amazon though, the reviews on the P4P are just terrible, especially the more recent reviews. Defective units, flyaway issues, unexplained headlong dives into the ground.... is this model, or just more recent production runs of this model more prone to defects then the P4 was or is it just a case of a lot of new or novice pilots getting frustrated by the realities and limitations of the technology.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Have been very happy with my P4P for survey work, ~ 25 hours flight time. Updates are a B- sometimes, but once worked through, no impediments to flying sorties.I would replace with another P4P if the need arises, but not P4P+. Newest update with GEO is rather tricky as if the updates for both the drone and the RC are not in sync, and you are near a no fly zone, the drone won't take off at all.- inside class D airspace-warning, but close to the 1.5 mile radius restriction won't fly. Strangely though, flew to the 1.5 mile boundary, and penetrated it by 150 yards, at which point the drone stopped to hover and would go left, right, back or down but not up or forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav