Telling the Black Pearl 7ch and 32ch apart - A question

Reaction score
Hey,

So, when I bought my P2, I got an FPV bundle. This was before I found the forum and started reading more into things.
After setting it all up and taking my first few flights, I came here to try and work out why the video was so bad on my screen.

Other than then fact I was still using the stock antenna, I found out about the IRC 600 and BP 32ch screen don't play well. Even the manufacturer states it.
My video was bad even with the thing right in front of me, I've tried various and channels etc all to no avail.

So I found a UK dealer that sold the BP 7ch, and ordered one. I have a Shapeways TX holder for the 600, so didn't want to change that, even if it would have been cheaper.

The 7ch has arrived today, and I have no way of telling if they've actually sent me the correct version.
I've not cracked the cellophane on it, as if it's wrong I might not be able to get a refund.
The boxes are identical, all details are the same etc etc. The only difference is they're branded different (and the barcode, but I put that down to different shops, maybe?), and this new one has a yellow F sticker on the front.

Does anyone know if that's the magic giveaway?

Thanks,

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428601366.836965.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevermind, I thought screw it and opened it up anyway.
It's the right one, and even came with the new sun screen thing instead of the crappy one I could never put together in under 5 minutes.

Got me new antennas on it, and will take her for a spin at the weekend!

Still confused about the other one being SMA as well, but maybe they have a couple version of that 32 channel one.

Yeah, you can't tell from the antennas unfortunately. The "F" sticker refers to the one band. I had accidentally orderd the 7 ch first so I was opposite of you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep F on the box indicates the 7ch version. Band F only. Weird that you say the 32ch one had sma connectors, first time i've seen that, I thought they were all rp-sma.

Weird that you say the 32ch one had sma connectors, first time i've seen that, I thought they were all rp-sma.
My 32ch BP. Is SMA :)

Funny how some have a problem with the 600 some do not . I for one do not been out 900m up 100m . Only when I turned to come back she got little fuzzy but cleared back up going to get fpvlr set up :D

Yeh plenty seem to use the 32ch one with no probs. I wonder if there is actually much difference, I dont recall seeing anyone who had problems with the 32ch changing it for a 7ch version and seeing a difference.

Maybe I'll do a test on both at the same time. Although I bought a set of better antenna when I got the 7ch screen so the 32 would only have the regular ones.

Yeh plenty seem to use the 32ch one with no probs. I wonder if there is actually much difference, I dont recall seeing anyone who had problems with the 32ch changing it for a 7ch version and seeing a difference.

Put the old regular ones you got with the 7ch on it so they both have the stock ones?

There is that as well of course :)
Not had any free time since getting the new screen to get some flying time in yet!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj