Taranis Owners... Let's talk about our custom settings..

Reaction score
As I learn more and more and understand more and more about this controller and it's capabilities it is actually pretty simple.

I was curious to know what others are doing and if they have any custom programing or what they are using their switches for...

Right now I have it set up this way:
Left stick - Self Center and Ratchet Even though center is self centering I still have it beep at center. (I found I like the feel of ratchet for climbing and descending, it lets me know without looking how much I am giving it.)
Right Stick - Self Center and smooth
SA - Up - CENTER - DOWN : Normal (says Normal), Course Lock, Home Lock
SF - UP - DOWN: Gear up (says gear up), Gear Down (says gear down)
SC - UP - CENTER - DOWN : Reset Timer - Timer1 Start (makes sound)/Avtivates voltage alerts (see below) - Pause
SD - UP - CENTER - DOWN: GPS (says GPS), ATTI (says Altitude), FAIL SAFE (says Failsafe)
SR - Gimbal tilt control Beeps at center.

Custom Functions:
Timer tells me minutes every minute. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc.
Telemetry is set to Alarm when my transmitter signal is less than 3.72
Telemetry tells me my total voltage every 30 seconds, 15.4 volts, 15.3 volts, etc, that goes on every 30 seconds as long as SC-

Future Plans:
I would like to set up a couple curves for YAW control. Right now the slightest yaw movement at the start of the control makes the birds twist a little to hard, I think I can set a YAW curve that will slow it down and make for a gradual YAW which won't make the bird jerk as hard... :)

Boozshey said:
Future Plans:
I would like to set up a couple curves for YAW control. Right now the slightest yaw movement at the start of the control makes the birds twist a little to hard, I think I can set a YAW curve that will slow it down and make for a gradual YAW which won't make the bird jerk as hard... :)

Ditto, after a frustrating day of filming yesterday, I'm ready to set up some variable yaw rates. I know those pesky Futaba owners seem to have had good success with them, I believe they set a secondary curve that's activated by a switch.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4