Taking phantom on cruise ship

K

Khudson7

Planning a Caribbean cruise vacation in February on the princess cruise ship lines. I would like to bring along my phantom. Has anyone had any experience taking the Phantom on a cruise ship or any problems in doing so. Thanks

Khudson7 said:
Planning a Caribbean cruise vacation in February on the princess cruise ship lines. I would like to bring along my phantom. Has anyone had any experience taking the Phantom on a cruise ship or any problems in doing so. Thanks

RC anything isn't allowed on the ship and will be taken from you.

Do they scan your bags like they do at the airport ??
Obviously they will sell it when you take it out.. but just curious if they scan bags etc..

Read somewhere here that you can have the ship attendant hold you gear until you hit each island where they will let you fly your bird. The just don't want you to fly on the ship at any time.

Contact Princess and ask for a permit to bring the Phantom on the ship. I have one for two cruises with Royal Caribbean in jan - feb next year, I need to hand it in during the time I´m onboard but can take it out when the ship is in port.

ExtraKim said:
Contact Princess and ask for a permit to bring the Phantom on the ship. I have one for two cruises with Royal Caribbean in jan - feb next year, I need to hand it in during the time I´m onboard but can take it out when the ship is in port.
Yes, thanks for your response...I just sent off the request today. I quoted what others said here about other ships being accommodating and storing it during cruising to avoid any liability on there part but suggesting they be accommodating like other ships have done, as well. I will let everyone know what their response is.

Khudson7 said:
ExtraKim said:
Yes, thanks for your response...I just sent off the request today. I quoted what others said here about other ships being accommodating and storing it during cruising to avoid any liability on there part but suggesting they be accommodating like other ships have done, as well. I will let everyone know what their response is.
I did receive a response from the Regal Princess about their drone policy for passengers. Here it is;

I received a response from our Security Department which I enclose here below for your reference:

Drones are prohibited items onboard and need to be surrendered to security upon embarkaiton.
Guests can collect a drone if taking off the ship in port, with advanced notification to our staff.
Guests are solely responsible for checking with the local port laws regarding the use of drones ashore (may not be allowed in ports of call near the ship).
Guests surrender drones upon return to vessel each time, and drones are given back on final disembarkation

Seems reasonable to me.

ExtraKim said:
I hope that I only need to turn in the remotecontrol but they will probably not think that´s enough.
That WOULD be nice but I seriously doubt it. I am pretty sure they will want the phantom. The question I need to decide now is... I have 2 cases, one hard case with good protection but very heavy, and another lighter backpack case which is what I wanted to take. But if it gets manhandled poorly, the backpack case would not protect all that well. Decisions...decisions...

Also it would be necessary to take the batteries, camera, controller and any fpv equipment that contains batteries with YOU on board so the batteries can be recharged after each port of call. Another hassle to consider.

That´s why I´m hoping that it would be enough to just turn in the remotecontrol.

I´m guessing that the security personel would want a fast turn in and that could be possitive for us since it only takes seconds to turn in the remotecontrol and several minutes to take out everything from the bag that you need to charge and to screw down the GoPro from the gimbal.
Time will tell.

Khudson7 said:
I received a response from our Security Department which I enclose here below for your reference:

Drones are prohibited items onboard and need to be surrendered to security upon embarkaiton.
Guests can collect a drone if taking off the ship in port, with advanced notification to our staff.
Guests are solely responsible for checking with the local port laws regarding the use of drones ashore (may not be allowed in ports of call near the ship).
Guests surrender drones upon return to vessel each time, and drones are given back on final disembarkation

Khudson7, I'm in the same scenario. I sent across an email on http://www.royalcaribbean.com and haven't heard back. Could I trouble you to share the email address of who responded or the email you sent the question to?

jgarraffo said:
Khudson7 said:

Khudson7, I'm in the same scenario. I sent across an email on http://www.royalcaribbean.com and haven't heard back. Could I trouble you to share the email address of who responded or the email you sent the question to?
I sent you a PM but not sure we are on the same boat(so to speak)

I´m back from my cruises, in Fort Lauderdale they scaned my bag in port and they didn´t say anything. So during 26-29 jan I had the Phantom 2 and the remote in our cabin. Took it out on Aruba and when I got back they wanted me to hand it in, I explained that it would be easier if I just could hand in the remote. They accepted that, so every time I wanted the remote when we where in port I had to collect it at the security point.

G0012927_zps3arh9xsc.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl