tail wag

Reaction score
with my v1.1.1 I don't notice it from the ground but on the video afterwards I notice a little bit of tail wag, I'm using a 2d gimbal, I did notice this before I fitted the gimbal,
is there anyway to stop this from happening?

Try lowering the Yaw gain.

Were you taking video before adding the gimbal?

Good stuff N017RW. ;)

OK,

More mass (gimbal), and non-centric CG. Gain adjust really sounds like the answer.

Please advise on your findings, results, etc.

TIA (thanks in advance).

went to do a tx calibration yesterday and while I was getting ready to start the calibration I noticed that all the settings were in the central position , solid as they should be but the yaw/rudder was moving very slightly to left and right, maybe about 1/32" on the line, when I flicked the ru switch it stopped and settled in the center the same as the others, if I moved the ru stick slowly and let it return slowly the movement started again until I gave the stick a flick, even after calibration it still done it.
I'm not going to go inside the TX and start messing about so now if/when I notice a tail wag again I know what to do,
last week I tried playing with the gains but made no difference.
ray

OK,

More mass (gimbal), and non-centric CG. Gain adjust really sounds like the answer.

Please advise on your findings, results, etc.

TIA (thanks in advance).

finally solved the issue with my phantom "tail wagging" as you suggested ,try to lower the yaw gains, well I tried many lower settings to no avail but today I thought I'd increase the yaw gains, default was 100 so I've now put it at 125, plus calibrated it yet again and problem solved no more tail/yaw wagging

Cool...

Wagging is a confusing term to use.

Gain to low = hunting (continuous oscillations)

Gain too High = called it wagging earlier, main diff. from above is the oscillations are rapid but die out. Think of a bell ringing, loud at first then fades.

As the gain adj. showed you were 'hunting'.

Thanks for posting back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.