TACO-RC Aluminium Tablet holder bracket

Mine took 8 days to arrive to Orlando, FL area. I used a T6 Torx instead of hex, fit perfectly. The new piece feels solid and attaches snugly to the controller. I am very pleased with the quality and price - good value! Maddening wobble is gone!!!

However, the original DJI bolt that attaches the mobile device holder to the new bracket (swivel mount at base of device holder) does not grab the receiving (female) thread. It's just 1-2 mm short - no idea how it was even secure before I detached the holder. Fortunately, I found a longer bolt in my fastener collection that's the correct diameter and thread ratio, but it's about 1/4 of an inch too long. I used a hex nut to snug it down (see pic). Yep, it's ugly, but it works great until I get an official DJI replacement bolt (hopefully a few mm's longer than the original).

To be clear, this short bolt is an original DJI part, not Taco-RC. Just wanted to share my experience and give fair warning before you start the replacement process.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 457
How does the Taco bracket diff from the DJI Inspire bracket?
They look very much the same from the images.

Taco:
(only bracket? $16.90)

7sKw3VE.png

DJI Inspire:
(includes the holder, tool, screw, $30)

yGcQLw3.png

The Taco-RC is ONLY the aluminum bracket, does not include the device holder. I found no need to purchase another device holder since I already have the one that came with the P3.

I cannot comment on the quality differences, I don't have an Inspire 1 version to compare. I must say that the Taco-RC bracket appears to be well made.

The Taco-RC is ONLY the aluminum bracket, does not include the device holder. I found no need to purchase another device holder since I already have the one that came with the P3.

I cannot comment on the quality differences, I don't have an Inspire 1 version to compare. I must say that the Taco-RC bracket appears to be well made.
ok, thanks

That is odd that your screw for attaching the holder was short... Mine fit and snugged up well. The bracket is very stable.

Reactions: spin2win
@MADrone It must be a machining fluke. I haven't heard of others with the same issue.
That's what I thought... But since that has been the Only issue with my P3P, I'm good with that! It's an awesome machine!

I received mine today, wow! this makes the holder so sturdy, I would recommend everyone who hasn't got one, to get one of these., especially if you have a tablet.

I received mine today, wow! this makes the holder so sturdy, I would recommend everyone who hasn't got one, to get one of these., especially if you have a tablet.
Big difference and save some dollars over the Inspire holder:D

Reactions: 2raaas
Why is this one better?
Matter of opinion--

The Taco accomplishes much better stability than I had with the plastic one-- and was cheaper than DJI Inspire bracket-- and cheaper than this one.

I've had the aluminum tablet bracket on my P3P for about 3 weeks (35 flights) and I love it. The shipping time was 2 - 3 weeks. I'm using a Samsung Tab 10" and this stopped the wobble. It's rock solid now. The hole for your neck strap is forward of where the original one was, so the controller is balanced much better for large tablets. I also bought a set of filters and a camera gimbal lock. The filters came in a nice case and the gimbal lock fits perfectly. The fit and finish of everything was impeccable. I tested the ND4 filter last weekend in bright sunlight and the video looked great.

Reactions: bobmyers
Why is this one better?
Matter of opinion--

The Taco accomplishes much better stability than I had with the plastic one-- and was cheaper than DJI Inspire bracket-- and cheaper than this one.
Hardly opinion.. One issue with the P3 model is the flimsy plastic. The other issue is that the knurled thumb screw works loose over time. The one I linked has a larger thumb screw, making it easier to tighten, AND has a jam nut to lock it in place. I have a FAR greater grip than most people, so don't try that "just tighten it tighter" crap. On a bad day I can break 45"lbs of torque with my finger tips.

Hardly opinion.. One issue with the P3 model is the flimsy plastic. The other issue is that the knurled thumb screw works loose over time. The one I linked has a larger thumb screw, making it easier to tighten, AND has a jam nut to lock it in place. I have a FAR greater grip than most people, so don't try that "just tighten it tighter" crap. On a bad day I can break 45"lbs of torque with my finger tips.
no one said , "just tighten it tighter"-- he only ask you why is it better-- your opinion that it is better, he was only asking you why, -- Cheers, have a better day.:):) It really doesn't matter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20