Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

The K1 is great but the screen is poor in strong sunlight. You have to max out the brightness before flying.

On a related subject, is there any way to mirror what's on the K1 screen on another device? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm starting to think about having a second device for clients / public to view.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Just plug in to the HDMI port with another device. I use my old 12''monitor from the P2 days. It is luminer with 450 brightness. plugs right in to the Shield.
Im thinking of getting this one.
12.1" AV Multifunction Field Monitor 1280*800 Resolution 1000cd/m2 for Aerial Photography $172.13 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

If you have to buy a second device to use with the shield then why wouldn't you just spend the money on a different/better device in the first place?

K1 is no longer available from amazon!
I wonder if a new version is coming soon.
Does anyone know anything in that regard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently they are on back order.. Nobody has them in stock.. I think newegg has them for 199.99 must say its my favorite all around tablet.. Super powerful one disadvantage.. Battery is not good at all. If you are a power user you will run the battery down PDQ

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you have to buy a second device to use with the shield then why wouldn't you just spend the money on a different/better device in the first place?
I think it's more of the "I can" factor.. Pretty awesome. I screen record my flights then when I get home I plug it directly into the big screen and play it back.. Super cool for the tech savvy folks. Even records your voice if you like.. If you aren't going with the larger tablet I can't think of a better tablet with all the features the shield has. Just my .02 and this is coming from a guy who has two iPads and a new Mini.

The trick now is finding one. Amazon is sold out.. Maybe newegg they have them listed but they are on back order until May. B&H photo has them for 199.99

Edit: Shield is on back order everywhere.

I purchased the Nvidia Shield and am very pleased with it. The screen is harder to see in bright sunlight, but I made a sun shield and it made a huge difference. But for the tablet, I had mutliple issues with my Samsung Tab 4- GO App crashing, wouldn't connect to the P3P until multiple tries. The K1 has run flawlessly for me.

My personal experience is with two devices. My galaxy note 5 from Verizon is crap. You have to tether it to the rc everytime you use it. The other is a wifi only iPad air 2. This is by far the best. I have another iPad that has a GPS and cellular signal, but it's too big to fit in the holder. I have a galaxy 6 as well, it works great, but is a small screen.

I just got a P3S I haven't flown it yet as I have an 1st gen iPad Mini and the lag is awful. I don't want to spend the money on a new iPad just to fly my P3. I'm looking at an Nvidia Shield, Dell Venue 8 7840 or Nexus 9 as I can get them all for relatively close to the same price. Does anyone here have any experience using any of these. I have heard the Nvidia is useless outside as you can't see anything which defeats the purpose of having it. Haven't found much on the other two units. Any advice is appreciated!

The 1st gen series isn't supported - check the list. I had to upgrade too, but picked up a cheap cellular mini 2 on eBay

Just got a used Nexus 7 2013 and I have to say I'm impressed. It's bright and very sharp. Even in direct sunlight, it's not too bad. I have a shade coming and a matte screen protector for it.

My Nexus 6P worked also, a tad too small for my taste and the compass was off 45degs..

If there is ever a device that works better, more efficiently, and longer battery life than this iPad Air2 64gb Cellular, I would buy it. So far, that device hasn't been released yet. I believe it will be the next gen, Apple iPad Air3 128gb Cellular. King of the jungle. Grrrr

RedHotPoker

My Nexus 6 has been doing great. Screen is a bit small for the task but I haven't had any problems with it other than with a super slim case, it's almost too fat for the holder.

Mike

My galaxy note 5 from Verizon is crap. You have to tether it to the rc everytime you use it...

You have to "tether it" to the R/C every time you use it anyways. My VZ Note 5 worked flawlessly with the App. I just wanted a bigger screen.

I can highly recommend the Galaxy Tab S-2. I happen to have the VZ Cell radio version. The 9.7" screen is gorgeous, yet fits into the stock R/C mount without an extension. The tablet also has 3 gigs of ram and a fast processor. You will have plenty of horsepower to run this intensive app. I haven't had a single issue over about 8-9 hours of flight time (and yes, that covered recent FW and App updates.)

If there is ever a device that works better, more efficiently, and longer battery life than this iPad Air2 64gb Cellular, I would buy it. So far, that device hasn't been released yet. I believe it will be the next gen, Apple iPad Air3 128gb Cellular. King of the jungle. Grrrr

RedHotPoker
I don't know about that.. The shield is pretty awesome. There are thing on the shield that I like better. If the shield was the same size as the iPad I would say the shield was the best. I love the large screen. Air2 battery life is also amazing compared to the shield. Shield also heats up a little.. None of that is really an issue when flying though. I fly maybe an hour at a time. Which isn't enough to drain the battery or heat it up too much.

I don't know about that.. The shield is pretty awesome. There are thing on the shield that I like better. If the shield was the same size as the iPad I would say the shield was the best. I love the large screen. Air2 battery life is also amazing compared to the shield. Shield also heats up a little.. None of that is really an issue when flying though. I fly maybe an hour at a time. Which isn't enough to drain the battery or heat it up too much.

One place the Shield really beats the iPad Air2 is in the price. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Ordered Ipad mini 4 from Verizon, they put it back on sale at $250 off with 2 year contract and they waived activation fee.
Will be used with my UAV and as a car entertainment headunit.

Thought it was a good deal for me, since i am not looking to leave them as their service is better than AT&T or Tmobile in NYC from personal experience And definitely better than sprint from knowing few people on sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One place the Shield really beats the iPad Air2 is in the price. ;-)

RedHotPoker
I agree.. That and the built-In screen recorder. Removable storage. Forward facing speakers. Better 3rd party applications with android and automated data upload ...

iPads can certainly use 3rd party apps, but we need to jail break the device first. Ha As far as sound goes, I wear a pair of Parrot ZIK noise cancelling headphones tuned by Lou Reed. ;-)
With 64gb I have plenty enough storage for my Phantom 3 flying needs. A better lit screen in bright sunlight conditions would really be a welcomed & awesome change.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT