tablet

I use Samsung 10/1 tab A, android, awsome to have big screen but this bit heavy after a while (p4),would have been IOS apple device but expensive here

There really isn't one best tablet for everyone. You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

KB-Best-Tablets.jpg

I don't find any of them bright enough for my eyes here in TX sun (even with sunshade). I use a iPad Pro 10.5, but it's still not bright enough for me. Haven't seen the CrystalSky monitors in person, but suspect they are quite good...Granted, not a "tablet". I'm sure my eyesight isn't the same as it once was though..

2017 iPad gen 5, 9.7" 32Gb Wifi + Cell.
If you have a sensible contract with your mobile phone provider you can use your phone sim for connectivity in the field without using your phones wifi hotspot.
Just need to enter the correct APN (Access Point Name) into the iPad.

Biggest tablet that will fit the standard mount and runs everything.
Sunhoods are cheap and easy to mount.
I put the sun hood on first then put the tablet on. The tablet prevents the sunhood from falling off.

The Crystal Sky monitors are nice and bright right enough (I have the Plus controller too) but the lack of processing power and compatibility in the CS/ Pro + devices is a non starter for me.

The only advantage I can see from using an android device is that they are much more easily hackable than IOS devices.

Last edited:
Tried out a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 yesterday and it worked fine. Screen is not quite bright enough for sunny conditions, though, even with a regular sun shade. Will be getting a iPad Pro 10.5 in a couple of days.
BTW, the Android version of DJI GO 4 seems to be much more stable now than last time I tried it late August last year...

Reactions: ravedog
With the sunshade on my iPad Pro 10.5... Still find it annoyingly hard to view in full sun.. Shady areas help immensely which I have resorted to seek out... Affects LOS though many times.

Reactions: ravedog
I don't find any of them bright enough for my eyes here in TX sun (even with sunshade). I use a iPad Pro 10.5, but it's still not bright enough for me. Haven't seen the CrystalSky monitors in person, but suspect they are quite good...Granted, not a "tablet". I'm sure my eyesight isn't the same as it once was though..

Actually it’s an extremely bright Android tablet. It’s just locked down to reduce possible problems from customizing sideloading and other app interference. They all it a monitor but yeah it’s a tablet. FYI. The DJI goggles are a tablet on your face as well.

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic