Tablet issues ruined night flight

Reaction score
Went to take her out tonight to fly my p3s and go check out this roof top party at the Sony building which I can see from my place. Been waiting for them to have one and tonight it came. Went out to fly and my djigo app crashed multiple times and even my Litchi. It woukd initially start up but within minutes the app would crash. Never ever got off the ground. I did do an update on my Samsung tab A just recently which us wny i think its the tablet.
Any guidance would be great. I'm so bad with these computers and now my early morning flight and weekend of flights are in jeopardy. THANKS

MIKE

On my Nvidia K1 tablet I have to force stop on the DJI Go app before I can run Litchi otherwise it crashes. This might be the problem you are having if Go is running in the background.

On my Nvidia K1 tablet I have to force stop on the DJI Go app before I can run Litchi otherwise it crashes. This might be the problem you are having if Go is running in the background.

I always close all apps, clean out all junk etc... plus I 1st started with djigo and bad it crash 4-5 times before force stopping everything a d then trying .itchi which resulted in same.

As mentioned all was fine till I did an update on tablet.
Not sure where to start. Should I reinstall the djigo app?

Mike

All is good with both apps on iPhone but when I try and run on my Samsung tab A it continues to crash on either app.

Anyone know where I can start looking?

Thanks
Mike

Do you just close the apps or do you Force Stop them? Big difference.
Force close!
Cleared the cache and fill reboot. Thought I had it and took out to beach only to crash a few seconds into flight.
How can I uninstall new updates on my tablet? Was fine prior.
Helllllppp

Force close!
Cleared the cache and fill reboot. Thought I had it and took out to beach only to crash a few seconds into flight.
How can I uninstall new updates on my tablet? Was fine prior.
Helllllppp
Not sure about Go but Litchi will point you at earlier versions if you ask them. Here's one such link they sent me.

Litchi_4.0.2_1602.apk

Is your tablet a Tab S2 ? What kind of update did you do ?

Its a Samsung tab A 8”.
Not sure if update. The other ightbit printed me to let update over night and I let it. Since then I had these issues.
Tonight I uninstalled both apps and reinstalled. I’m still running my old version of djigo. It always tells me to update.
I didn’t fly but turned in and connected in house. Practiced taking pics and messing with iso and shuttter speeds. Did this for a while and no crash. Going to get up early and catch the sunrise.
Now I know not to update the dji go but what about Litchi? Not sure what version I have but was having issues with that one prior and wondering if there is a newer version.
Hopefully it works now and it’s a nice morning.
Thanks
Mike

One question for you, do you have any apps on the tablet for home or business security cameras? If so, force stop them while trying to use litch or go.

One question for you, do you have any apps on the tablet for home or business security cameras? If so, force stop them while trying to use litch or go.

Not that I know of. I force shut down go and litchi. It says no apps runningvetc...

I took it out this morning and right away GO crashed. Tried Litchi and it worked through 3 batteries before it crashed.

I’m lost at what to try next.

I bought a Lenova tab3 just for flying. Closed all tabs, and never switch it on at home, so doesn't connect to home wifi to pick up if any updates etc.
Never had any probs with go app

how much free space on it? ive noticed androids can sometimes get weird when low on free space (less than a few gigs say). YMMV

Last edited:
You might be better suited searching out a forum specific to your tablet and browsing to see if others have the same problem after the update. Also that's the best place to get instructions on how to roll back your current update to a previous version.

Good luck.

Just forced shut every app on it. There has to be an easier way to force close/shutdown all running apps than to go on each one and close.
I was sure this was it but took it out and both crashed right away.
Going to do a full system factory restore.

Mike

Another question, have you changed anything in your developer options?

I’m so sorry!
I have no clue what that is and all I did originally was say yes to a update prompt.
Since then I have hit all sort of buttons.
I am lost with techy stuff. I know, wrong hobby! Lol

Just did a factory reset. Just like if I purchased from store so should not be an issue. I think...
Now would it be "reset" with new update or how "it'" was from
factory?
I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20