Tablet Holder?

Thank you very much for posting this. I was about to drill my controller for the Inspire 1 holder, but this one looks pretty sturdy. Is it solid?

It's very sturdy in my opinion, at least compared to the factory Phantom 3 mount, which is plastic I think (Inspire is metal). I've seen some videos where the mount was flopping around. This does not happen with my aftermarket mount. I could see it loosening up over time, but you would just need to tighten the screw - so far this hasn't happened yet. However, I will say I only use a 7'' plastic tablet. If you tried to use a heavy iPad or similar, that might would affect its sturdiness.

But, I'm like you, I wanted to avoid cutting into the remote at all costs. Maybe when the warranty is up I'll be more bold, but for now I'd rather not alter it.

Thank you very much for posting this. I was about to drill my controller for the Inspire 1 holder, but this one looks pretty sturdy. Is it solid?
Yes, it is sturdy but if you want more, superglue aluminum washers int the gaps he mentioned then silicone caulk it to the remote.

I have a P3S and am using a 7" tablet. The two items below work great. The mount bracket is fully adjustable and attaches to the lanyard loop on the RC (no drilling or modifying the RC). The tablet mount will open up to 5". The assembly is extremely stable and shake free.

CNC FPV LCD Monitor Mount Bracket Support for DJI Phantom 1 2 3 And Other Brands

WOW! I just looked at my PayPal receipt for this. I only paid $9.99 at the time. I can't believe the guy doubled the price since then. If you're interested in it, maybe you should ask him a question.

Square Jellyfish Tablet Tripod Mount - 734073
(Scroll down to see the product.)
Thank you for sharing this! I ordered both these and am able to use with my iPad mini with the otter box cover and it is stable. The jellyfish mount I got is for the iPad mini and the monitor mount had to get from another ebay company since they were out at your link but I was able to find another. After my first purchased mount that wasn't strong enough to hold up the iPad, I was discouraged but I'm very happy with the one you shared!

Just wanted to post my "hybrid" setup - aftermarket mount with Phantom holder. I bought the holder from a fellow member (Thanks Jeff), and another member here recommended this mount: AF Phantom 3 standard Mobile Device Holder (support DJI-PH3-P38)

So far, so good. The mount is very sturdy. There is a slight a gap between the bottom of the mount and the controller. It didn't seem to affect the sturdiness, but I cut a piece of a business card and stuck it in there because I didn't like the gap.

The only 2 negatives is that the new mount's lanyard hole is wider, so I need to get a larger clip. Also, my phone with its case is a little thick for the stock phantom holder. It works, but the phone can slip out if turned upside down for example. My tablet was very tight in the holder.

This setup cost me around $35 total, which is the same as the Inspire kit. I just wanted this so I didn't have to drill.

Here are some pictures:

Thanks for the info, I purchased the standard mount you showed and an inspire 1 device holder, should make it pretty much just like the advance and pro device holders..

Helidirect is where i ordered mine, ordered it yesterday morning and they shipped it yesterday afternoon.. ordered both pieces from them. guess i got the last one lol.

I did mine without the nut. Drill the hole a little small, screw in the set bolt and epoxy from the inside. It's rock solid!
I did the same thing I took my dremal to rough up the steel and plastic then epoxied it same rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I went the no drill CNC & Jellyfish route. Works great. Got the Jellyfiish bracket for a full tablet, and it fits my iPhone 6 Plus lengthwise and the iPad Air2 width wise.

However, after assembly of the CNC to the controller (took a couple of tries, no directions[emoji34]), I have a piece left over. Did I miss something?

b419b3a15541c6268d882bfcefb42218.jpg

Horizon Nano QX
Symantec X5C-1
P3S

I went with the cnc arm and Square Jellyfish mini tablet holder also.I think that piece goes in the hole before the CNC arm goes on . Smaller hole for screw to keep the arm from wiggling.

Attachments

• 1454884844107.jpg
    1454884844107.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 358
Reactions: jointeffort
I did mine without the nut. Drill the hole a little small, screw in the set bolt and epoxy from the inside. It's rock solid!

Can you show some pictures of what you did? Will make it easier for me to understand :) Thnx!

Did you install the "Slow Yaw" mode to a P3S Transmitter..?? I read the thread on it, but the guy making them says it won't work on a P3S....
Are you talking about @J Dot? That is who made mine and it works fine.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes
Mine work on p2, p2v, p2v+, and P3S, ( as of right now, these do not work on P3p or P3a ) as soon as I can get my hands on a p3p or p3a, I'll build one! Lol
Thanks to @dirkclod , who provided me with all the p3s info I needed, and who tested out the prototype, for me, proving it worked, and worked well! So without him, I'd have never made these! At least not for the 3s's.
Hopefully I can build a pro or advanced version soon?

J Dot

I do have a few switches avail. ( red, yellow, or green led )
Please let me know if you would like one!

Take care, Fly safe!

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes
Mine work on p2, p2v, p2v+, and P3S, ( as of right now, these do not work on P3p or P3a ) as soon as I can get my hands on a p3p or p3a, I'll build one! Lol
Thanks to @dirkclod , who provided me with all the p3s info I needed, and who tested out the prototype, for me, proving it worked, and worked well! So without him, I'd have never made these! At least not for the 3s's.
Hopefully I can build a pro or advanced version soon?

J Dot

I do have a few switches avail. ( red, yellow, or green led )
Please let me know if you would like one!

Take care, Fly safe!
I see what ya did there ;) lol @J Dot
They do work great on the P3S,Have them on both my TX's as well as the inspire mount .
TX's.jpg

Last edited:
Any info where I can get the threaded "Nutsert" to mount the bracket on the P3S..??
I know that Summit Racing in the USA has them, maybe others too.
IMG_1686.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub