Tablet Holder Upgrade

Reaction score
I thought I saw one but could not find it. Was there an upgrade to the stock holder? Needed somethign thats more secure and won't fall over when holding my 10" tablet.

I got this one on eBay. Been using it for many months and it works fine. I did put a piece of velcro on the middle of the tab to hold it more firmly to the controller mount. It slides on and off really easily, but never comes loose on its own.

The only problem I had was on my Galaxy Tab, the micro USB comes out the bottom of the tab under the home button, and the usb plug did not fit through the slot at the bottom of the contoller mount, so I had to dremel out the mount a little so the micro USB ;plug will slide through the slot in the bottom of the mount.

Mount Extender Adapter 10" to 12.9" larger Tablet holder DJI Inspire, Phantom RC | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

I got this one on eBay. Been using it for many months and it works fine. I did put a piece of velcro on the middle of the tab to hold it more firmly to the controller mount. It slides on and off really easily, but never comes loose on its own.

The only problem I had was on my Galaxy Tab, the micro USB comes out the bottom of the tab under the home button, and the usb plug did not fit through the slot at the bottom of the contoller mount, so I had to dremel out the mount a little so the micro USB ;plug will slide through the slot in the bottom of the mount.

Mount Extender Adapter 10" to 12.9" larger Tablet holder DJI Inspire, Phantom RC | eBay

View attachment 68842

What I was referring to is a more stable arm. For example my tablet won't stay upright but falls back because of the weight.

Yeah I had the same issue with my Galaxy Note 10.1. Except instead of dremeling the holder I dremeled the USB cable...LOL. I guess either way works. The only thing that sucks with using the tablet though, at least for me, is I guess its only really beneficial if wifi is around otherwise you won't get the updated maps, etc. If I'm away from wifi I usually use my Note 5 but I do like the bigger screen.

Do you have a mobile device you can use as a hotspot when youre flying for your 10.0? That will cure the updated maps problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers