Tablet Case Folds Over?

Reaction score
I figured I’d try general discussion and not P4P specific since this could be answered by more people as long as this sub forum still gets views...

I am looking into a simple case for my new iPad and have never owned one before so I’d like to get this answered before I blindly buy something. On the soft flip fold type cases (i.e. trifold), does the cover flip all the way around and flat to the back so I can keep the full case on while putting it into the RC or does it lay oddly and cause thickness issues?

I did see one case that is 2 piece so I could remove the cover, but it isn’t my first choice if I can avoid it. I think the hinges were magnetic or something to let it separate from the harder shell back.

If it depends on the design I can post my short list, but I figured it was more of a generalized question.

I use a TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) case along with a glass screen protector. My goal is simple: drop protection.

I've also got a folio cover, but I save that for when I'm flying on a jet and need a movie. I can't see one of those working with a controller.

SB

So the TPU is just a back cover protector?
I planned on getting either a tempered glass screen protector or basic film cover as well.

The detachable one I saw would basically be a hybrid I think and likely be the safer bet then.

Your folio cover doesn’t quite flip and sit cleanly at a 180 then? I suppose it matters where the crease is...

I imagine you won't like to deal with a flip cover that won't detach while out in the field.

I put my iPad mini 4 in an Otterbox to protect it from drops. I can tell you it is to thick to use on my P4 controller without a mod of sorts. Bottom doesn’t get held on well enough.

I put my iPad mini 4 in an Otterbox to protect it from drops. I can tell you it is to thick to use on my P4 controller without a mod of sorts. Bottom doesn’t get held on well enough.

I don't know why DJI doesn't do this:

hkMGusp.jpg

It's 1/2" aluminum angle. Much better than the stock tablet grips.

SB

Thanks guys, I appreciate the experienced comments.

One other thing I need to make sure is that I keep the case thin since the iPad is the 9.7” size and I believe only gets one click of the RC holder. I’d be looking for no click snug, but not so tight it rips off the padding.

I don't know why DJI doesn't do this:

hkMGusp.jpg

It's 1/2" aluminum angle. Much better than the stock tablet grips.

SB

Glued on or how is it secured to the plastic?
That seems a lot better than the extender thing people use for big 12” screens.

Reactions: Photoflash
Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Thin-F...&qid=1515380898&sr=8-5&keywords=ipad+tpu+case

Not sure if that link works but get on Amazon and search for iPad TPU case. You can Youtube iPad folio cases and see if that will fit your bill.

SB

Link worked great. I limited myself by searching Newegg where I have gift card credit to spend and they didn’t have much or it was pretty expensive. I will likely try something for $8 or so from amazon or eBay and go with a tempered glass front protector.

Otherwise this was the detachable case I mentioned:
All-In-One Smart Case and Screen Protector for iPad (2017) / iPad Air - Green - Newegg.com

I am looking into a simple case for my new iPad and have never owned one before so I’d like to get this answered before I blindly buy something. On the soft flip fold type cases (i.e. trifold), does the cover flip all the way around and flat to the back so I can keep the full case on while putting it into the RC or does it lay oddly and cause thickness issues?.
It might not be a problem in winter but Apple devices can have overheating problems in summer.
You won't want to be flying with a case then.

It might not be a problem in winter but Apple devices can have overheating problems in summer.
You won't want to be flying with a case then.
Oh, that sucks then because the point of the case was only when I am out in the field... thank you for the heads up though.

Since I am new to apple, is it just overheating when running a heavy program like DJI Go or will it potentially over heat if outside and watching a show, browsing the web, etc?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl