system allows drone operators to notify airports of flights in real time

Is this an adequate means if notifying?

This is smart and will have to come with any type of real commercial use like amazon intends. I was thinking just how cool it would be if DJI had something in your app that could tune into the CTAF of the nearest airport. Would be especially useful just to know when someone is inbound or taking off if you happen to be in a near proximity.

There are a lot of small uncontrolled country fields though, and that I think poses a greater risk than a more highly controlled airspace might.

"Flight information can be submitted through many different UAS interfaces, including flying apps provided by drone manufacturers such as DJI, Yuneec and 3DR."

I know I haven't updated to the most recent dji go app but can it really send the info like stated in the article?

Wow! Of course! I'm surprised somebody didn't come up with something like this sooner.

If your mobile device has a SIM card, then it seems to me to be a relatively simple task to auto-upload your aircraft's GPS fix and other telemetery in real time to wherever (DJI, Flytrex, etc.), and from there it can be picked up by the system's network.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl