Switching controllers

Reaction score
Hi everyone haven't been on here in a long time and haven't been on here much haha,but I always see a lot of valuable opinions here.
got a p4p plus and started getting nervous when I found out I can't buy any kind of parts anymore so I picked up an extra regular controller on eBay... looks to be in good condition but haven't received it yet. My question is is it worth it to switch from my small 5.5 plus screen to the regular RC so I can use a tablet (hopefully much easier for me to see)? I was interested in trying some different apps if you guys think that might still be a good idea. PS my only tablet is a shield k1...if I go this route should I update The shield or just strip it bare and you try to use it as is? Also aftermarket apps are there still good ones?... I've never tried any.
hard to make a decision in any of these areas right now cuz there doesn't seem to be any support left from DJI.

One of the most noticeable differences will be the screen size.
The plus screen certainly isn’t easy on the eyes.

One of the most noticeable differences will be the screen size.
The plus screen certainly isn’t easy on the eyes.
That's for sure. Just hoping that as old as the Shield is that it will be ok. Is actually getting a bit slow. I was considering rooting it and changing out to a lineage OS since it's no longer supported by Nvidia....but not certain if any of the better apps will work with it once it's rooted.

That's for sure. Just hoping that as old as the Shield is that it will be ok. Is actually getting a bit slow. I was considering rooting it and changing out to a lineage OS since it's no longer supported by Nvidia....but not certain if any of the better apps will work with it once it's rooted.
The K1 Shield was marketed toward gamers. It has a lot of horsepower. Never updated mine and it runs my P3P version really good. Not sure if the GO for P4 would drag much if at all.

Reactions: clgreen101
I have the + and standard for both my birds. Both have their purpose at times. I needed the standards using iPads (had to buy a referb iPad mini4) for 3rd party apps as the are impossible to install on the 300e. Litchi and wingman are what I'm using besides Go4. Have fun. KO

The K1 Shield was marketed toward gamers. It has a lot of horsepower. Never updated mine and it runs my P3P version really good. Not sure if the GO for P4 would drag much if at all.
Wife's iPad mini 3 would not work. Needed ios10 or higher.

The main advantage of the Plus controller ($300 extra) is the built-in Crystal Sky screen that is much brighter and easier to see in daylight than any phone or tablet. You will need a hood to shade it if you want to see your phone or tablet screen outdoors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl