Sweaters

Reaction score
Is your drone cold?

Drone Sweaters

This came across my Facebook feed a few minutes ago.
P.S. I am not affiliated with this, I am not selling them, I just thought it was something that was interested (and amusing)

Reactions: Jerprin
The start of a great sales pitch... [emoji23]
Lol. I'm not though. I just don't want the Admin to think I'm selling something. I just found these amusing

Quite amusing. My wife puts sweaters on anything. She loves it, she just won't admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

WTF!! [emoji24] I'm exhausted due to laughing so much. 1st a sweater for my drone, then a sweater for my gun. Let's keep the sweaters to the dogs. But love the post.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

LOL... Yea, the sweater isn't needed. The battery is completely enclosed by the body and there's a layer of still air around it which provides a degree of insulation.

I've done flying tests down to -33C (-27F) paying particular attention to battery temperatures. I have a record of the temperatures at take off and landing through various outdoor conditions.

If the battery is at room temperature, it will get warmer after you take off and will continue warming during the flight. After about 15 minutes, the battery temperature will be up around 38C (100F) and it will remain there until you land.

My battery temperature with an outdoor temp of -30C (-22F) only got up to 29C (84F). But, despite that I experienced no reduction in flight time. The battery is quite happy operating at 84 degrees F.

With outdoor temps below -30C (-22) I found that you had to work the craft in order to generate enough current to keep the battery warm. The battery temperatures did warm continuously after take off and flying with the stick fully forward. But, if I went into a hover (which uses less current), the battery temps did start to fall by about a degree per minute.

So by my experience, the P4 will fly just fine down to -30C (-22F). Below that, perhaps one of those sweaters might just make a difference :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT