Swap cells in a "Smart" battery

Reaction score
Would it be possible to just exchange the cells in a "smart" battery, of course with cells of the same mAh etc.

Or would the drone or the "Smart" circuit in the battery somehow notice that it isn't the original cells?

I´m thinking for example if a certain type of "smart" battery is not sold anymore so that one can still get new and functional batteries for the drone.

There have been many threads about this in the past.
Aside from your skills at such work it is not common to find appropriate cells than can be put back into the pack's frame.

There have been many threads about this in the past.
Aside from your skills at such work it is not common to find appropriate cells than can be put back into the pack's frame.

Thanks for your answer.
What do you mean by "not common to find appropriate cells that can be put back"? Do you mean size wise, or to find cells with the same specs?
Surely i can find a for in my case a 3S battery that is 6000 mAh and that fits inside the battery, if its a bit smaller that can't be to hard to fix.

The question is if the "smart" part of the battery or the drone recognizes that the cells are not the original ones?

Yes I meant the physical size. It's doubtful that the pack can detect a different cell if it is the appropriate voltage.

Okay, maybe i expressed myself wrongly. I mean exchanging the whole battery part from a "Smart" battery, so i only leave the "smart" circuit inside the battery plastic casing and then put a new battery inside the casing and connect the new battery to the "smart" circuit".

Yes. I understand. The cells themselves are 'dumb'. So if you can make all the appropriate connections there should be no issues. There is a cycle counter that to my knowledge has not been bypassed so eventually the 'smart ' section will essentially shut down. 300 cycles is my recollection.

yes if you can find lihv that fits in the case, buuuut, the one thing that youll find is the smartboard only is programmed to recognize the mah capacity of the spec bat, so say you could stuff a 6000 mah into the pack you will read 0% on the app before yer outta juice.

yes if you can find lihv that fits in the case, buuuut, the one thing that youll find is the smartboard only is programmed to recognize the mah capacity of the spec bat, so say you could stuff a 6000 mah into the pack you will read 0% on the app before yer outta juice.

Okay then it needs to be the same mAh.

But should it be LIHV for most smart batteries and not LIPO´s?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl