Super bowl drones

Yeah, and? If it were to go to court...
The Super Bowl is over, they eventually will get there drone back.
If the judge interprets the NOTAM correctly and says the FBI was wrong to stop them flying and confiscating their drone, what would be the punishment to the FBI? ? ? ? ?
Return the drone to the owner...case dismissed, next!

If the judge interprets the NOTAM correctly and says the FBI was wrong to stop them flying and confiscating their drone, what would be the punishment to the FBI? ? ? ? ?
There’s a 1 mile no-drone zone in place since Jan 31 through end of the SB.

Anyone stupid enough to fly near the Super Bowl should have their toys smashed with a hammer for hurting us responsible pilots. But that's just my 2 cents. :(

Reactions: skymonkey
I’ll bring this up again.
Stupid is genetic. It cannot be removed. If you have it, you keep it, and it does have consequences.
(and some have it worse than others)
The point being,this kind of thing is going to continue.

Last edited:
Anyone stupid enough to fly near the Super Bowl should have their toys smashed with a hammer for hurting us responsible pilots. But that's just my 2 cents. :(
THERE ARE people who want to do US Citizens great harm, especially at such an event. Why even consider flying your/our drones during this short no fly window and only 1 mile area?

@Rick218
In defense of @Newt59, it sounds like you are slamming him, but he wasn't offering those up as options. He was asking for options aside from those....
Yeah. Seems like even in these forums folks are all too quick to jump at a chance to slam someone else. I think if you review my posting history you will see my position on unlawful activities, immature attitudes, and the responsibility we all have as pilots. Thanks for the support. I suppose next time I will have to be a bit more obvious in my intentions.

For those who could not find it, it is TFR 5089. It is obvious that many have not prepped for, taken or passed the 107 Test. Otherwise they would recognize the “machismo” attitude displayed by some on here.

The entire industry is catching heat. We are very close to being the next meal of a media feeding frenzy. The law enforcement people would love to have drones and guns both under their control only. Why can you not simply accept the fact we need to stay away from these events with a mature perspective?

I wish I had thought about it a year ago and applied for a variance. I might have gotten one, and some great shots and exposure. Instead, I will sit at home and read some very disappointing posts.

Each and every one of us are representing each and every one of us each time we fly.

Attachments

• 9517B3B2-BBCF-4FA0-8DBB-B4D9EF85586E.png
    9517B3B2-BBCF-4FA0-8DBB-B4D9EF85586E.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 174
Reactions: Herbied143
I look at the footage from all the news places I could find and got a screenshot of this FBI table. Here they are. From the 6, I could identify as 3 being Mavics, 1 Phantom, and 1 Spark. I can't see very well what the 6th one is. DJI is winning (or losing?) here. View attachment 108027View attachment 108028View attachment 108029View attachment 108030View attachment 108031View attachment 108032View attachment 108033

None of the confiscated drone pilots were Part 107 pilots.
Drones restricted around Mercedes-Benz Stadium for Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta
The sixth one is a Tello

Looks like they got the drones and the operators based on them having the controllers in some cases. Were these all supposed to be from ATL at the MB stadium? Or just display goods?

Mighty expensive errors right there, dont you think?

Yes did have shorts on our news, look great ,apparently halve time show had drone display but not see it,,one thing that really disturb me was the small plane that hit houses and 4 were inside celebrating superbowl,many many thoughts and prays from me,,,totally tragic,,very sad,,
I do hope I not offend anybody by this
Ian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT