Sunset Pic Help

Reaction score
I love taking evening sunset pics but I don't have something set just right sometimes. Will someone look at this pic and tell me what I need to change.
DJI_0093.JPG

I love taking evening sunset pics but I don't have something set just right sometimes. Will someone look at this pic and tell me what I need to change. View attachment 92843

Exposure. Use the histogram on the app. Make sure your exposure isn’t too high. That is what you are seeing. If you are post editing, you can get rid of the haze in that too. Hope that helps.

Reactions: nacraracer
Exposure. Use the histogram on the app. Make sure your exposure isn’t too high. That is what you are seeing. If you are post editing, you can get rid of the haze in that too. Hope that helps.
Thanks Nickster. I just started reading about the histogram an hour ago and now have it set to use every time. What do you think my exposure should be set at?

Reactions: Nickster
Thanks Nickster. I just started reading about the histogram an hour ago and now have it set to use every time. What do you think my exposure should be set at?

You will need to change to just make it to your liking but most in the middle each time. Make sure nothing is too high or low.

I love taking evening sunset pics but I don't have something set just right sometimes. Will someone look at this pic and tell me what I need to change.
The biggest issue is that you are staring straight at the sun and there's a huge difference in brightness between the sun and sky and the dark and unlit foreground.
You could expose for one or the other.
But your camera doesn't have the dynamic range to expose both properly in the same image.

Reactions: Pharm
it's over exposed so you will need to adjust the exposure to a negative number , just adjust until the scene looks good to you , every picture will be different and will need a different setting , there's no magic setting to leave it at

Another tip which someone posted me was tilt cam down just a bit,works well

I would suggest experimenting with auto-bracketing also known as HDR (High Dynamic Range). Although I've never tried it with my machine, the manual says the P3 is capable of shooting 3 - 5 images, all at different exposures about .7 F-stops apart. From there you will need to merge the images and you need software to do that. I find Photomatix works best for me in terms of user friendliness. Get the free trial to see if it's for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik