Sunrise with my nephew and his (my old) Phantom 4

Reaction score
I don't post here often as of late, as technically, I no longer own my 4 year old Phantom 4 (original). I have given it to my 16 year old nephew, and he has become a very good and responsible pilot, and a good photographer too. It was great to see and hear the old P4 lift off and head out Sunday morning just prior to sunrise. I still miss it...!
846BD87A-F1A6-4EC9-8A18-0C148DD937DE.jpeg

Sorry you gave it up. Might be time to get something small to join him in the fun. Keeps you young. Seems he’s pretty good at it and has overcome any fear of the water. ?

Sorry you gave it up. Might be time to get something small to join him in the fun. Keeps you young. Seems he’s pretty good at it and has overcome any fear of the water. ?
I'm still heavily involved in the hobby, and also fly commercially. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air 2. I really miss the Phantom 4 though. Maybe it's because it was my first UAV, or maybe it's because there is just something about the Phantom series that is hard to explain that makes it so wonderful...

He and I flew a lot together over the years leading up to my giving him the P4, and since I fly over the water a lot, he became comfortable with that early on.

Thanks for the 'Likes' folks. I asked him if I could post that picture here, and he said yes. I will tell him it has gotten a warm response.

Phantom fan myself (have a mavic too). Fellow pilot, heading to the airport now to meet my son, he's buying a 172. He hit 50 and changing careers. Going commercial too. Kids these days ?
As far as manned aviation goes, I flew in the corporate world for many years (Netjets), Cessna Citations, and although it paid the bills better than flight instructing in 152's, 172's, PA-28's..., the best flying is always during those early years building time in those??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj