SUN VISOR

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been flying and building Quads for the last 6 years. I never wanted anything pre-built.
When The Phantom 3 came out and I saw the Specs I was hooked and am now the proud owner of a
new Phantom 3. It is an impressive piece of machinery.
I have built sun visors for my last three Quads. The latest one is constructed out of foam board for my Nexus 7.
The base is 1/32 ply and just snaps into the holder for the Tablet. The top is wide enough to just look in and see the screen well but in full sun [which I took the pictures in] place your face in the visor and all the light is blocked.

P1010605.JPG P1010603.JPG P1010602.JPG P1010600.JPG P1010595.JPG

Bob

This looks exact,y what I'm looking for, for my P3.
I find the current sunshades are useless. How does this stick to the screen?

This looks exact,y what I'm looking for, for my P3.
I find the current sunshades are useless. How does this stick to the screen?
The 1/32 ply wood base is the same size as my Nexus 7 so the clamp for the tablet grabs it as well.

I too come from the if you didn't build it, you shouldn't fly it crowd, until someone let me fly their P3P.

Great job on the shade.I bought some black foam board. I built a 4 sided shade. But the foam was too thick to use as a back under the tablet and still fit in the holder.

Doh! 1/32 plywood... I'm on it. Thanks for posting

Do you make these for a P3 controller and iPad mini because I'd totally buy one from you mate.
I dont think you can touch the screen but thats no problem for me. The more its shaded and covered, the more you can see the actual screen. All the sun shades out there are rubbish IMO. Although I have ordered the Padhat mini so I'll see what that brings. I'd love this though.

I'm posting more pictures.
I have changed the hood a little by adding a tab at the front with duct tape. The hood sits on top of the tablet and the tab slides underneath so when you clamp the tablet it holds the hood as well.
The Nexus is quite thin so the back of the clamp will hold the hood . If that doesn't work for you put a hook on the back of the hood and use a rubber band to the bracket. If you use the tab at the front and a rubber band at the back you could skip the base plate.
I can reach the screen from the top but when I made mine I forgot to allow for the thickness of the material so it is a little tight on the sides.

case 1.jpg hood 1.jpg hood 2.jpg hood 3.jpg hood 4.jpg hood 4.jpg hood 6.jpg hood 7.jpg

I so want this for my iPad mini . I'm rubbish at building stuff though.
All you need is black foam board from Michael's. If you want I will post a template and you can cut it out yourself. The size of the IPad is different so you may have to make it a little wider.

All you need is black foam board from Michael's. If you want I will post a template and you can cut it out yourself. The size of the IPad is different so you may have to make it a little wider.

That would be great thanks. What is Michaels?

Here are the templates for the Hood. You may have to adjust the size for your tablet. the Hood is just big enough to cover the viewable area on the tablet
When you print them make sure the paper is set to landscape and you check print full size.

Bob

Attachments

• hood 2.pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 218
  • hood 1.pdf
    95.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members