Sun hood for Nvidia Shield?

I just ordered a hoodivision padhat hybrid mini which they claim works well with the shield, will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Well guys can I guess from lack of replies that the hoods/shields did not work?

I have found 6 questions on the forum asking about hoods/sunshields for the NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet but no one seems to have found one. Any luck yet?

Ipad mini once dont work, i have been looking too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aerialdroneaccessories.com ultra shade II is what I'm using . It's expensive but it's worth it . Hell what's another 90 bucks in this hobby .

Same quest. Tried a PadHat Hybrid Mini, very disappointed. The next attempt is on the way, will need some customization.
What issues were you having with the pad hat? I use one on my Shield and it's by far the best shade I've ever used, as I never tire of telling people!

I ended up just making one Franks Story. Cost me about 20min and a bit of duct tape but it works. I will do it again once I find better material. Now I know what I want and how to do it better next time I reckon I can make a decent one. The one I have made really works well and cost me nothing, apart from time.

Going to be on the look out for some white corrugated plastic packaging or I may go mad and actually buy some. :)

What kind of customization?
Probably a cut-out on one side to let the controller clamp better, but we'll see.

What issues were you having with the pad hat?
Mine doesn't fit and the "nanostick" isn't holding at all. I like the construction and see the appeal, but it's not working for me. Maybe they sent the wrong size? It does match the dimensions they indicate. There's a disclaimer that it's supposed to seem small. I'll email to see if it could be a shipping mistake or an error on my part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31