Suggestions for a 5" or 7" FPV monitor from US?

Reaction score
My next project is FPV, but I don't want to spend a ton on the project as I only intend to use it for framing shots.

I would like to go with either a fatshark or immersion TX, which broadcast on specific 5.8GHz frequencies ( Frequencies: 5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840, 5860MHz ).

I also want to get 5" or 7" monitor with an integrated RX that matches these same frequencies, but would ideally like to keep the monitor costs at $150 or lower if possible.

I have seen a bunch listed on eBay or various online stores, but nearly every one I have found is out of China and I would like to purchase from a US source.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for this solution?

dronefly has 5" and 7" monitors 5.8ghz with built in receivers.... the 5" one will fit in the phone holder which they also sell. It's not great but it's good for reference. I imagine the 7" black pearl would be clearer. They have the clover leaf antennae too. If you get the 5" monitor, don't peel the plastic cover off the screen....it's attached very firmly and tucked into edges making removal hard on the screen.

http://www.dronefly.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1835

CouesWhitetail said:
dronefly has 5" and 7" monitors 5.8ghz with built in receivers.... the 5" one will fit in the phone holder which they also sell. It's not great but it's good for reference. I imagine the 7" black pearl would be clearer. They have the clover leaf antennae too. If you get the 5" monitor, don't peel the plastic cover off the screen....it's attached very firmly and tucked into edges making removal hard on the screen.

http://www.dronefly.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1835

It looks like the 5" does not handle the frequencies of the fatshark and the 7" doesn't break down its capable frequencies... and it's $199...

I know it's more than you wanted to pay, and doesn't list all 32 frequencies/channels, but that 7" monitor does say it's compatible with fatshark. Might be worth a call to have them check your frequencies.

from the specs:
B. Compatiable 5.8GHz Dual Diversity Receiver 32 ch. Fatshark compatible small HDMI monitor with Fatshark, airwave, Immersionrc and others. Fully compatible with 2.4Ghz R/C radios;

I bought a monitor on amazon for $25 and stuffed the vrx into it with a little dremeling. The monitor blue-screens which is a bit annoying, but it's as small as a factory integrated solution and about $175 cheaper :)

ElGuano said:
I bought a monitor on amazon for $25 and stuffed the vrx into it with a little dremeling. The monitor blue-screens which is a bit annoying, but it's as small as a factory integrated solution and about $175 cheaper :)

Which monitor did you get and what tx/rx are you using?

Re: Suggestions for a 5" or 7" FPV monitor from US?

Bunger said:
ElGuano said:

I'll tpfind the model when I get home, but it's a 2-channel 800*400 7" automotive rear view monitor, so it works natively on 3s power. I integrated the 32 channel boscam rs832 vrx into it, so you can see the channel led and hit the buttons on the back.

Re: Suggestions for a 5" or 7" FPV monitor from US?

Bunger said:
ElGuano said:

I'll find the model when I get home, but it's a 2-channel 800*400 7" automotive rear view monitor, so it works natively on 3s power. I integrated the 32 channel boscam rs832 vrx into it, so you can see the channel led and hit the buttons on the back.

Re: Suggestions for a 5

ElGuano said:
Bunger said:
ElGuano said:

I'll find the model when I get home, but it's a 2-channel 800*400 7" automotive rear view monitor, so it works natively on 3s power. I integrated the 32 channel boscam rs832 vrx into it, so you can see the channel led and hit the buttons on the back.

Here it is. The price has gone up a few bucks, but it's still dirt-cheap: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EPICA4W/

The long wiring included is a mess, I chopped it all off and kept everything inside the shell.

I just bought the Flysight Black Pearl 7" monitor from TroyBuiltModels. It's pretty sweet. It has a place for a battery, but it only comes with a cover for the battery spot. However, you can use any 3S battery, and supposedly the built-in battery will be available 1Q14. It has two separate receivers and antennas that can operate independently (with separate video outputs) or in diversity mode. Four bands, each with 8 channels. Band "F" covers the FatShark frequencies. Also has HDMI input so you can review the GoPro videos on a nice HD monitor in the field if you have the GoPro HDMI output cable. The instructions are sketchy at best, it comes set to PAL (but easily switched to NTSC) and the thing occasionally needs a power cycle to straighten it out. Otherwise, I'm happy with it (so far).

bushmg said:
I just bought the Flysight Black Pearl 7" monitor from TroyBuiltModels. It's pretty sweet. It has a place for a battery, but it only comes with a cover for the battery spot. However, you can use any 3S battery, and supposedly the built-in battery will be available 1Q14. It has two separate receivers and antennas that can operate independently (with separate video outputs) or in diversity mode. Four bands, each with 8 channels. Band "F" covers the FatShark frequencies. Also has HDMI input so you can review the GoPro videos on a nice HD monitor in the field if you have the GoPro HDMI output cable. The instructions are sketchy at best, it comes set to PAL (but easily switched to NTSC) and the thing occasionally needs a power cycle to straighten it out. Otherwise, I'm happy with it (so far).

What vtx are you using?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl