Sub G antennas for obsidian p4 pro

Jimmythegeek

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the purpose of the sub G antennas are? My 4 pro obsidian doesn’t have them. The 3 in 1 board in it doesn’t have the terminals to connect them to. Is it worth swapping out the 3 in 1 board to the newer version and adding the sub G antennas? Will I get better range?

Does anyone know what the purpose of the sub G antennas are? My 4 pro obsidian doesn’t have them. The 3 in 1 board in it doesn’t have the terminals to connect them to. Is it worth swapping out the 3 in 1 board to the newer version and adding the sub G antennas? Will I get better range?
Did you ever figure this out? I've got a non obsidian p4p that has the sub G antennas but recently bought a replacement 3-in-1 board to replace it and that board doesn't have the IPEX terminals to connect the sub G antennas to it. Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I've got a non obsidian p4p that has the sub G antennas but recently bought a replacement 3-in-1 board to replace it and that board doesn't have the IPEX terminals to connect the sub G antennas to it. Thanks
I did not. I personally don’t think they do much. But not 100% sure. The only thing I can say is to put it in and send it up for a test flight. I mean if the pro’s have it, and the obsidians don’t 🤷‍♂️. That’s the only difference I can see between the 2 models. Beyond the different metals in some of the parts.

Reactions: LZJ
I think your replacement 3 in 1 is for a standard phantom 4. Some vendors advertise the standard as a pro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj