Stuttering videos reasons?

Reaction score
Does anyone know why I'm getting laggy and stuttering videos while shooting in 4K?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is someone on here deleting posts? I post something and then can't find it?

Only if it has violated site rules but that is usually accompanied by a warning or similar notification.

Hover your mouse over your screen name in the upper right and then select 'Your Content'.

If it is still here it will show up there. Maybe you posted in a different locale than you recall or accidentally in a different or wrong place?

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
I'm new on this forum. Still learning. Thanks.

Does anyone know why I'm getting laggy and stuttering videos while shooting in 4K?

If you mean when you're playing them back on a computer, it probably means your computer isn't powerful enough....4K takes a lot of processing power.

Reactions: Pharm
No Rocky I mean in flight. Not always but sometimes I get stuttering and pixelated FPV on my iPad mini 4

I made a few check and I got something like 5 seconds delay in the video at home. When flying I have usually no noticeable delay.
I tested using the left stick moved left or right, normally the video show a move almost directly. Here there was 5 seconds lag (checked with 2 clocks). This was without recording at all on a P3A.
Checking more give me the feeling that it is related with the radio transmission. Playing with auto or manual channel selection seems to change the delay, sometimes good as in flight and up to 5 seconds. As it is at home, there are a lot of Wifi around.
Maybe you were getting some wifi or disturbance.
Was it at long range? That would amplify the issue.
Are you using for Channel AUTO or CUSTOM ? Custom could help if the channel you selected remains free for all the flight. AUTO will at least recover if the situation change during the flight.

I just Checked the HD settings. It was set to Auto. Should I leave it there or just switch to Custom and bump up the speed from 6 Mbps to say 8 or 10? I don't think range was a factor as I was relatively close when it started. It was intermittent so I'm thinking signal strength.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Also I'm going to bump down the resolution to 1080P 30 fps so I can edit via the DJI go App since I'm using a Vista PC still and don't have access to a good movie editor.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reading your post I'm guessing you are talking about the video feed. The video feed received on your tablet is not, in any way, related to the resolution you are recording to the video card. So switching to 1080 or any other resolution will not change your results. What causes pixelated video and stutter is a poor connection. There are a number of reasons you could have a poor connection. The most common are interference and improper orientation of your antennas. Make certain your are pointing the flat side of the antennas at the Phantom and not the tips. Second I have found that lowering the video feed bitrate also helps maintain a connection when you get the bird out a ways. Reading what you have written i'm guessing antenna orientation or just interference.

Another thing to check is your tablet. There have been reports of tablets becoming laggy if you try to run too many apps while flying.. Also I have read that video can get a little laggy if the tablet overheats.

If you're caching video in real time on the tablet, try turning it off. That takes a lot of processing power. I miss having that at times but I can wait till I grab the video from the card.

Hey people how are ya? Newbie here and been flying for a couple weeks now. I pretty much have everything figuredas far as the basics go, but I'm getting video stutter as well. I have a HP Elite Notebook which is really powerful. Every time I record in 1080p 30fps on my Phantom Adavnced its fine, but if I switch it to 1080p 60fps or even 2.7k 30fps or 48fps the video is clear (NICE) but stuttering is a big problem. Can anyone please explain this? I have tried multiple video playback programs (vlc,quick), beside windows media player and nothing but stutter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl