Stunning day

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Couple pics fresh from me road trip,water to cold for swim,island in background is kapity island where I usually fly
org_a5e2cb6a7d30b3de_1576009956000.jpg
org_e69da7ee77f0fb83_1576009848000.jpg

Wow, those are stunning, IanZone! Thanks for sharing.

Yes that's very sad but people traveling around take such risky destinations much to easy. As I heard there had been some warnings before the eruption. Really not very wise to go there at that time.
Did you make some shots of that volcano if you live close to it? But probably all UAV flights were forbidden while rescue activities were going on.

Yes that's very sad but people traveling around take such risky destinations much to easy. As I heard there had been some warnings before the eruption. Really not very wise to go there at that time.
Did you make some shots of that volcano if you live close to it? But probably all UAV flights were forbidden while rescue activities were going on.
No I'm half way down the north island,the volcano is just off shore but well in view and easy travel...I did post and delete so e posts cause I didn't know at the time of all causality involved,,made me feel bit insensitive..I will how ever add this picture cause it says it tourists and locals have been going here for years to visit,bit like jumping off a bridge, I'm sort of into earthquakes and volcanoes since a kid and the crater lake on this thing is stronger than battery acid.white island itself is 70% under water and peaks out the surface of water,,latest is recovery mission on hold because its smoking up again.
Screenshot_20191211-135721_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Ruben Fred
What has happened since your last update? I never heard anymore about it.
Yes bit unsure myself,,I know there still some in hospital,,I dont think they found 2 still missing,most probably they got buried and not washed out to sea like some say,as I know the volcano still closed off to public.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I think NZ is fascinating. You grew up there and became accustom to volcanoes and earthquakes. I would love to visit NZ, but I would find another place to live that didn't have such things. I was happy to visit Hawaii. I was even happier when the plane left the ground. I didn't like being on a tip of a volcano, 2,000 miles from the nearest land. There were signs everywhere warning about rogue wave and tsunami. Signs saying don't swim with your back to the ocean. That's just weird. Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31