Stuck in a decision mode ! Downgrade, Stay or Upgrade ?

Please indicate your advice for FW selection .. Downgrade, Stay with factory latest, Upgrade to Beta

• Downgrade to 1.05 FW

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Stay with 1.06 FW

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Upgrade to Beta 1.07

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I have been going through various threads dealing with P3S FW and really cannot decide what is best.

I have tried to check what FW is on my P3S recently bought, but diagnostic screen shows N/A against this. I note that various Youtube videos about checking FW also mention this.

I assume I have the 1.06.08 or whatever the official latest is ... and I have excellent control but rubbish Video Link.

I read threads that talk about downgrading to 1.05.007 ... and many say they get reliable video link and reasonable range then. I have the FW downloaded and onto an SD Card ...

I also read links about Beta versions 1.07.0082 / 0084 ... which I have also downloaded but not put to card yet. Now these versions seem to have mixed results - as i see it about 60% are saying good, about 20% saying no good and rest saying no change.

Would you like to vote and lets see what consensus is ?

You may also create post to explain or comment as to your opinion on the matter. I know many have already posted on various forums and threads - but it all seems to get mish-mashed and hard to follow. maybe the Poll can help not only my decision but anyone else sitting on the fence undecided ?

Cheers
Nigel

If you have no problems... I would say stay with the firmware you have now..
About video link.. You are in Europe? If so you can try magic power v5 - see the thread about it...

I use in eu the 1.0.68 with it and made 1,5 km flights

I should have listened to you two guys ... now I have a useless ornament.

Fighting to get control back on the machine ...

Nigel

Did the DJI GO app show you a "update available" message before you did the manual FW flash?

Did the DJI GO app show you a "update available" message before you did the manual FW flash?
No .... in fact i have tried to find out what FW it would have had on out of box. Nothing indicated even when I ran diagnostics.

Dunno what I did this morning .... but installed 1.07.0090 FW with everything turned on ...

Works ! Well still to go outside and test ...

Nigel

All fine indoors ...
But outside to fly :
Tx control - all works but lost video !! and no Go App control.

Settings indicated Strong Interference .... and Go App showed status : DISCONNECTED.

At least I am getting somewhere ... I can fly the machine manually ... just need to sort the video . Go App side now ...

Nigel

OK ... think I've found it now ... I am having trouble keeping a Wifi connection to the DJI ... it keeps dropping it and trying to get IP address ...

So another flight and back to original problem ... I have good control via Tx Controller - I can auto take off ... RTH ... tilt camera .... change single shot to video ... start stop video .... but cannot watch the video on display as it drops out and stays showing last frame when dropped.

Safe to Fly GPS is up ... all seems good - but no display video !!

Whole point for me was to have a machine I could basically FPV and have good video / photos as well.

I really do not know what to do now ... I don't really want to play with FW again after last fiasco.

Nigel

So another flight and back to original problem ... I have good control via Tx Controller - I can auto take off ... RTH ... tilt camera .... change single shot to video ... start stop video .... but cannot watch the video on display as it drops out and stays showing last frame when dropped.

Safe to Fly GPS is up ... all seems good - but no display video !!

Whole point for me was to have a machine I could basically FPV and have good video / photos as well.

I really do not know what to do now ... I don't really want to play with FW again after last fiasco.

Nigel

You can try to check the wifi link quality on the RC/AC and eventually change the channel (if you are if FCC try 12 or 13, they are not enabled by default).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31