Strong interference detected

Reaction score
Why am I getting this warning on my Phantom 3 Standard? I'm new to flying and live in the city. This happens even in my backyard. I'm also within 5 miles of a local airport.

Will this harm anything or should I just ignore the message? I do not have the means to travel long distance just to fly this thing in the country/rural areas.

Thanks,
Lee

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

@llee, Welcome to the forum!

Not good, you do need to make sure it is not a defective unit. ;)

If it always has those messages no matter where you fly that's bad.

Rod

I get the same warning pretty consistently. I've always just assumed (and hoped) its a wind gust at the higher altitudes. I just ignore it and it doesn't seem to affect my ac

Reactions: Vzr1
I get the same warning pretty consistently. I've always just assumed (and hoped) its a wind gust at the higher altitudes. I just ignore it and it doesn't seem to affect my ac
It is not the wind, generally I think it is to much WiFi in the area, and maybe cell towers.

Rod

Not good, you do need to make sure it is not a defective unit. ;)

Rod
He said that he lives in a city and can't drive elsewhere, so he's in an urban area and will get this message everyday.

One thing I tried, and it seemed to work was to load the Go app last, after all the equipment was powered up and linked first.

He said that he lives in a city and can't drive elsewhere, so he's in an urban area and will get this message everyday.
Hum, how do you know its not defective? That was my point.

Where does he live in the city? So we can look at his potential signal interference.
Where did he say he can't drive? Do you not agree that he should make sure his unit is not defective before warranty is up?

Rod

How about this instead,
If it always has those messages no matter where you fly that's bad. going to be bad reception. ;)

You did read the post that was associated with what meta4?
Strong Interference Detected: Risky?

I see nothing wrong with my post, and when I got back to my desk I was going to look up some more tips from the past which I will still do for the ones that were asking questions.

Rod :)

Hum, how do you know its not defective? That was my point.

Where does he live in the city? So we can look at his potential signal interference.
Where did he say he can't drive? Do you not agree that he should make sure his unit is not defective before warranty is up?

How about this instead,
If it always has those messages no matter where you fly that's bad. going to be bad reception. ;)

You did read the post that was associated with what meta4?
Strong Interference Detected: Risky?

I see nothing wrong with my post, and when I got back to my desk I was going to look up some more tips from the past which I will still do for the ones that were asking questions.

Rod :)
Nothing wrong, just got the impression he lives in a city and that's where he intends on doing most of his flying by these two phrases.
"I'm new to flying and live in the city." and "I do not have the means to travel long distance just to fly this thing in the country/rural areas."

Reactions: RodPad
Well the PS3 uses the 2.4 and 5 ghz frequineces, which are also used by wifi routers. So when I fly near my townhouse, I get that warning all the time. But then again, I have three wifi routers in my house so it's expected.

When I went to a park, didn't get them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been getting the same message as well over and over no matter where I fly. So you aren't the only one.
beb1f9a1a568ac8957436fbc2e3d3aea.jpg

I'm hoping the update today will correct the issue.
Safe flying[emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I get the same message around my home, guessing wind or like someone said wifi around the place..... I'll see what it said when I go down the beach .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31