Stress crack! P3A

Reaction score
After reading the recent stress crack threads I thought I'd pull out the P3 and have a quick check..
Sure enough...
20150912_000259.jpg

Gutted!!! :(

Same here. 12 hours of flight time. Zero crashes.
Just put some zip ties around them until you can order some "strong arms".

Got the same cracks here too on my p3a. On both of the back arms and only one hole per arm.
I put some zip ties around them in hopes it don't get any worse, or spread to the motor holes.

Get a RMA and send it in for warranty repair. Don't goop glue on it then try and send it in and get it covered under warranty. They won't cover it. It sucks you'll be without it for 4-8 weeks but that's better than flying a Frankenstein P3 around.

Just as an update for everyone so we can see how long this turnaround takes...
The phantom was sent back to DJI on Monday!
5 days down! How many to go??

Well, it looks like my P3A is starting to develop stress cracks. After my last flight I did a close inspection and saw a hairline fracture running between two of the motor mount screws. Two of them. One on each rear arm. It's not bad yet, but I don't want to risk flying at the moment. I have ordered the strong arms and they should be here in a day or two.

Well, it looks like my P3A is starting to develop stress cracks. After my last flight I did a close inspection and saw a hairline fracture running between two of the motor mount screws. Two of them. One on each rear arm. It's not bad yet, but I don't want to risk flying at the moment. I have ordered the strong arms and they should be here in a day or two.

The reports are that they will not stop further cracking. Seems like their only use is to keep the motors from separating completely from the frame.

Hi guys,
Just to finish off the thread..
The wait was 4 weeks and they sent me a brand new P3 instead of replacing the shell!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl