Strange RC operation and a camera failure, need advice please

Reaction score
So a friend has a P3P and the RC is not mode 1 or mode 2, the throttle and pitch sticks are swapped on the controller but yaw and roll remain where they normally would be, so left stick is pitch and yaw and right stick is throttle and roll. He swears he has never taken the RC apart but I can't think of anything but that maybe the gimbal cable/connections inside are reversed? Does anyone have any theories other than that on how this could happen?

Also he isn't getting any picture from the camera to the RC, he is getting a message that says something like "No video transmission". We are in Maryland and I would like recommendations on best US repair center that could fix this all for him for a reasonable price, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: Chris50ae
So a friend has a P3P and the RC is not mode 1 or mode 2, the throttle and pitch sticks are swapped on the controller but yaw and roll remain where they normally would be, so left stick is pitch and yaw and right stick is throttle and roll. He swears he has never taken the RC apart but I can't think of anything but that maybe the gimbal cable/connections inside are reversed? Does anyone have any theories other than that on how this could happen?

Also he isn't getting any picture from the camera to the RC, he is getting a message that says something like "No video transmission". We are in Maryland and I would like recommendations on best US repair center that could fix this all for him for a reasonable price, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
There is couple different modes,,first picture from p3s,second picture p4,,mode 2 is preferred mode of choice,,if none of these change it,try reinstall the app,,,no cam view I would start by changing usb cord..I sure gimble plug only goes one way ,,
20181010_072510.jpg
20181010_072704.jpg

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thanks @ianzone, it was the mode setting for the odd stick function, but the no video issue remains. The unit will not successfully complete a firmware update but the info screen says it is at the latest rev and it flies great now. I am guessing it is the ribbon is damaged or maybe the video board which they say can overheat and be damaged if left on too long without cooling. 3 different lightning cables and 3 different phones/tablets all do the same so I think this issue is with the bird. I guess I will recommend he send it to DJI or another authorized repair facility since he is willing to pay to have it fixed. Thank you very much for helping!

Does the gimbal move on command? The ribbon cable is not hard to replace if you are patient
It does, and the histogram shows camera is working and I can record and take pictures, so I guess that says the ribbon is fine, must be the video board I am guessing? I know it is not the phone or cable, all 3 of his cables/phones work fine on my p4p so it must be the AC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl