Strange P3S Camera/software issue

Reaction score
Had my P3S out tonight before sunset, and the drone flied just fine, but the video kept turning off. I had to keep turning it back on, only to have it cut out again after 10 seconds.
I cleared the cache, and no change. I went up to 400' twice, came back down with no issues. But when I flew out just about 100 yards across the field, it dropped signal. It regained it quickly, but never did that before where I've flown it a hundred times. The video was also having about a 5-second delay at times coming through to my tablet.

When I tried to watch the five separate videos I took, three were a mess and wouldn't finish playing, one was just fine, and one would not play at all.

I tried the camera for single pics, took 8 pics and all worked fine.

I'm using a 32 GB Sandisk card, and there's probably 25 GB remaining on the card. I use a Nexus 2nd gen ASUS tablet, never had any issues with it while using it with both of my Phantoms. Always worked great, no hang-ups or glitches.

It is telling me that I need to upgrade, could that be the problem with ALL of my issues?

Thanks for any help or feedback.

Reactions: MoeJaxj
Had my P3S out tonight before sunset, and the drone flied just fine, but the video kept turning off. I had to keep turning it back on, only to have it cut out again after 10 seconds.
I cleared the cache, and no change. I went up to 400' twice, came back down with no issues. But when I flew out just about 100 yards across the field, it dropped signal. It regained it quickly, but never did that before where I've flown it a hundred times. The video was also having about a 5-second delay at times coming through to my tablet.

When I tried to watch the five separate videos I took, three were a mess and wouldn't finish playing, one was just fine, and one would not play at all.

I tried the camera for single pics, took 8 pics and all worked fine.

I'm using a 32 GB Sandisk card, and there's probably 25 GB remaining on the card. I use a Nexus 2nd gen ASUS tablet, never had any issues with it while using it with both of my Phantoms. Always worked great, no hang-ups or glitches.

It is telling me that I need to upgrade, could that be the problem with ALL of my issues?

Thanks for any help or feedback.
Upgrade what? Your P3S sounds solid to me. Have you tried a different SD card?

Upgrade the DJIGO ap. It's letting me fly, but telling me "update required."

I have a new SD card ready to try tomorrow.
I don't see how the app can impact your files. The app updates seem harmless to me. But that message may be referring to the firmware on the AC. Do you know what version you're running now?

Here's the update:

I updated to DJI's current firmware for the drone, and still no luck.

I got out my other P3S, hooked up my tablet and it and it flew just fine. So I knew it wasn't the tablet or the DJIGO ap.

I put another SD card into my problem drone, and it said "card invalid, use a different card."

So I put in a new Sandisk 32GB card, turned everything off and back on.

And she flew like a new drone.

So, apparently a bad SD card can cause bad videos (which I knew), but it can also cause lag, screen issues, connectivity problems and dropped signal. I did three other flights with it and no more problems.

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31