Store battery

Reaction score
I bought a extra battery for my phantom 3 standard but i will only use one battery the first 2-3 months, how do i store it and it wont be damage or less flight time if a store it for 2-3 months?

It'll be fine if you do not use it for 2-3 months. The battery will auto discharge itself to a safe storage level. Check out this guide for more tips on storing your batteries.

I now keep my batteries stored with roughly 25% to 30% of charge left in them. I once left a fully-charged battery sitting for several weeks and it failed after 2 or 3 flights once I started to use it again. (and 2 or 3 recharge cycles). One of the cells (out of three) completely shorted out.

so i must discharge it before i store the new battery?
No. By default, your batteries will start to auto discharge after 10 days. That discharge process takes about 2 days to complete. You can change that 10 day setting in the DJI GO app (in the battery section). I changed mine to 2 days. If you have more than one battery, you need to update this setting with each battery installed in your Phantom.

I now keep my batteries stored with roughly 25% to 30% of charge left in them. I once left a fully-charged battery sitting for several weeks and it failed after 2 or 3 flights once I started to use it again. (and 2 or 3 recharge cycles). One of the cells (out of three) completely shorted out.
That's pretty low. Between 30-50% is a better level for long-term storage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20