Stop picking on the new guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just keep ragging on the newbies till they don't post anymore cause the Rat Pack will just jump on them and tell them how stupid they are. you guys have ruined this forum for the newbies that would like to learn and not be shamed for the stupid **** we do. I'm sorry we can't all be as great pilots as you must think you are, oh excuse me, Aces.

The point of a forum is to help each other, not put them down. you guys make it like an OLD BOYS CLUB. If you do a stupid move you are a Monkey with a joy stick. I have to say you guys are no help at all and just demeaning to the new people looking for some advice and tips. You say this OP has not posted to his post in 12 days, it's no wonder.

You old boys just jump down everyone's throat about how stupid they are and RTFM. Did you know my P3A did not come with a manual? Just a quick start guide.

I got to tell you I am done with you guys sh*ting on the new guys and women, ban me if you must. I will help them without making them feel like ****.

Good day.

well said. I am new to this as a hobby, and new to the forums, so I know nothing about photography really, or piloting a drone. I do however know how to pilot an actual aircraft, which has helped a little with a general aviation knowledge FAA regulations and so forth, so although I may be new with the Phantoms, I can provide input on general aviation subjects. Each person will bring something to this group, some may bring small bits of knowledge others a vast array, but we are all here to contribute, learn and support each other in our common interest. Fly Safe!

well said. I am new to this as a hobby, and new to the forums, so I know nothing about photography really, or piloting a drone. I do however know how to pilot an actual aircraft, which has helped a little with a general aviation knowledge FAA regulations and so forth, so although I may be new with the Phantoms, I can provide input on general aviation subjects. Each person will bring something to this group, some may bring small bits of knowledge others a vast array, but we are all here to contribute, learn and support each other in our common interest. Fly Safe!
Amen to that, I will never tell you how stupid that was to do, I will emphasize with you and say how sorry I am for your lose if that should happen.

But to continue to justify a wrong, is wrong in itself.. People need to accept when they make a poor choice and move on. Not to continue to beat a dead horse to death and try to justify the wrong. My teenagers like doing this...

But to continue to justify a wrong, is wrong in itself.. People need to accept when they make a poor choice and move on. Not to continue to beat a dead horse to death and try to justify the wrong. My teenagers like doing this...
Thank you so much for that. You just can't help yourself to belittle us newbies can you, and I forgive you, it's just the way you are.

But there is a proper way to correct someone and make them understand what they did wrong and how to avoid it in the future without being obtuse about it. Trust me I will admit when I have messed up, and most people know when they messed up, but to rub their face in it and make them feel like they are stupid doesn't help. Remember you were new once yourself and I am certain made mistakes. It's not about justifying the wrong or reinforcing a wrong decision, it's about reinforcing the correct decision and explaining why they were wrong in the first place.

Thank you so much for that. You just can't help yourself to belittle us newbies can you, and I forgive you, it's just the way you are.
Man please don't twist this around.. No where did I belittle anyone. You have tried to attack us to be honest. Any time this subject gets brought you post your img of you doing a CSC over water???

Don't try to be the victim, if you didn't try to justify the wrong you wouldn't even need to start a thread like this.

But there is a proper way to correct someone and make them understand what they did wrong and how to avoid it in the future without being obtuse about it. Trust me I will admit when I have messed up, and most people know when they messed up, but to rub their face in it and make them feel like they are stupid doesn't help. Remember you were new once yourself and I am certain made mistakes. It's not about justifying the wrong or reinforcing a wrong decision, it's about reinforcing the correct decision and explaining why they were wrong in the first place.

Please read his post on this subject. I never said anything negative to him. His words, his convictions..

OP's post seems like it may have been posted in frustration but I agree somewhat. Although I don't think it is an issue specifically on these forums it is something I notice all all types.

I'm a noob and while I have been posting a little bit and these forums are definitely not lacking in people willing to help out, there is definitely a gap or disconnect between noobs and some vets on these boards (although not in response to any of my posts so far, just some passive aggressive comments referring to new pilots I have seen). Sometimes I hesitate to post because of that.

To the OP's point, forums are the FIRST place I go (and tons of other people) when I try something new. So its counter intuitive when you see comments bashing noob pilots.

Reactions: dalebb
yes, your not helping you are belittling us.

yes, your not helping you are belittling us.

Do you know how many new people I help daily? How many PMs I answer?

Making a mistake is human trying to justify that mistake is simply wrong. Then trying to justify that action, see where I'm going with this?

I help those that want to help themselves. People can do a search on your previous post. Every time a crash happens you post your CSC pic. Almost acting like it wasn't your fault.

The only person belittling you is yourself, to be honest.

Put me on ignore and move on, no harm no foul. I will do the same.

Do you know how many new people I help daily? How many PMs I answer?

I help those that want to help themselves. People can do a search on your previous post. Every time a crash happens you post your CSC pic. Almost acting like it wasn't your fault.

The only person belittling you is yourself to be honest.
You are so right, God helps those that help themselves. Please forgive me.

Reactions: mmee1992
It could be that we need some new stickies. There are a lot of new people who are asking great questions with good intentions. Unfortunately, most of these questions have been answered many times but those answers are buried down in the forum timeline.

I'm guessing that if the moderators would agree to create some stickies with some of the following topics, that there are some willing "veterans" here who would gladly write really good answers to fill those threads. (This really could even be one sticky thread for "Frequent Questions")

Some suggestions:
- What do I need to do to prepare for my first flight?
- What calibrations are needed and how often?
- How do I operate the camera modes (video and stills)?
- How should I care for my batteries?
- Where can I fly? What about no-fly zones?

Maybe having the community collectively create these topics would help reduce frustration for both new people and "veterans".

Just a thought,
Chris

I am only going to post this once... stop the bickering. Blade strike may not come off to you as you would like dalebb but this is the internet and you are an adult.

To all: Everyone has to start someplace, we were all 'noobs' once. Be nice & helpful to new members, help to make the hobby better, don't be condescending know-it-alls.

The RTF (ready to fly) on the box is absolutely correct. Some of us have been in the hobby longer than since "cool quads" came out. I have built most of my RC's either from kits or scratch. I have a scratch built X525 quad that is extremely hard to fly as it uses a KK2 logic board with no GPS, etc. Phantoms are a piece of cake if you know what makes it go, they pretty much fly themselves. Starting with a quad like the Phantom does you a huge disservice since you do not need to learn the basics, the computer in the Phantom does that for you. Go get a small non-GPS quad and learn that, then you will be a master with a Phantom.

As far as people referring others to the manual, it is because many important details are in the Phantom manual. Many questions asked here could easily be found by reading it. Your Phantom is an expensive flying camera/computer, learn it's intricacies before you send it up into the wild blue yonder.

Anyways, keep your cool, be helpful, stay on topic and stop with the negativity. I hate to issue warnings, but if I have to I will. Play nice. ;)

PS - suggestions for sticky's are always welcome. The forum staff is currently working to implement a new member help area.

I am new here and the Phantom 3 is my first drone and I have found the forum friendly and helpful, there are (as always) a couple of people who are pretty blunt but every sensible question seems to get several decent responses.

On the CSC issue, I think everyone agrees it could/should be clearer but people aren't being unfriendly when they point out that you didn't read the instructions and follow them, they are just stating the facts.

If you choose to argue about something that is printed in black and white then it's not surprising that some people argue back.

It's the internet so if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm (kind or otherwise) then you are probably best unplugging your modem because people will say things here they wouldn't say in person, that's just what happens when you give people a screen to hide behind.

And no where in this post did I mention a CSC, I just said stop picking on the noob.

I am only going to post this once... stop the bickering. Blade strike may not come off to you as you would like dalebb but this is the internet and you are an adult.

To all: Everyone has to start someplace, we were all 'noobs' once. Be nice & helpful to new members, help to make the hobby better, don't be condescending know-it-alls.

The RTF (ready to fly) on the box is absolutely correct. Some of us have been in the hobby longer than since "cool quads" came out. I have built most of my RC's either from kits or scratch. I have a scratch built X525 quad that is extremely hard to fly as it uses a KK2 logic board with no GPS, etc. Phantoms are a piece of cake if you know what makes it go, they pretty much fly themselves. Starting with a quad like the Phantom does you a huge disservice since you do not need to learn the basics, the computer in the Phantom does that for you. Go get a small non-GPS quad and learn that, then you will be a master with a Phantom.

Anyways, keep your cool, be helpful, stay on topic and stop with the negativity. I hate to issue warnings, but if I have to I will. Play nice. ;)

PS - suggestions for sticky's are always welcome. The forum staff is currently working to implement a new member help area.
thank you luv, i will play nice

There are 'know it alls' and 'superstars' in all forums. I just filter and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers