Stop picking on the new guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a better general persuasiveness in the forum in the last 3 months to be "nicer". I have noticed it. I compare it to when I joined and I remember being a bit upset at the outright rudeness.

So this thread popping up did surprise me and to some extent I can still see the why of it.

We need to be nicer still and fair enough, we need more "Blank Stares" to the rude Captian Dirk

Self-righteousness is a terrible thing (I felt sure there isn't a hyphen in that)

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: dalebb
We need to be nicer still and fair enough, we need more "Blank Stares" to the rude Captian Dirk

:)

If that was a "flat out personal attack", I got a feeling you didn't wait 15 like your signature says you do.

Care to clarify? :confused:

Well said dalebb. I used to moderate a forum "many many years back" and understand how so many threads on the same subject drive the mods toward frustration, but none the less greenhorns have to crawl before they can walk.

DRAMA... it seems no internets web forum if exempt :(

I've seen funny before, and that's funny, true, but still funny as hell.
Ya Got Em Good.gif

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm not sure what your getting at. The post was not referring to you dalebb. It was meant for Tom, look at the top of my quote.
come on luv i was teasing u. can't we all just get along,,,,, famous words....

I am a new Phantom pilot and fairly new to quadcopter; with that being said I have found this forum to be a great resource. There are a lot of awesome people here, who contribute their time to help out new people. My challenge is that if you're going to spend $1000+ on a tool that is capable of capturing such beauty that wasn't really accessible before - why wouldn't you want to learn about it before putting others and your quad in danger?

I think there is a great frustration in the "drone" community because we continue to get a bad wrap with the media - so when someone does something that is not really... intelligent and they use the excuse that they're a noob and didn't know any better - I don't really see that as a valid excuse. I know the excitement of getting the Phantom and taking it out for it's maiden voyage - it's exhilarating... but you should do doing research and at the very minimum reading the full manual (RTFM) before operating it. Perhaps it's from that frustration of a lack of knowledge or desire to inform themselves about the safe operation of it that people become angry/firm/belittling.

Each post by "blade strike" shows how arrogant this individual is...there must be other "representatives" of DJI, which are more "user friendly" out there. Information is useful, but as with teaching, one is only receptive to learning if the experience is pleasant.

come on luv i was teasing u. can't we all just get along,,,,, famous words....
Yep them famous words alright and... steveeds I Ain't Rude :)

Reactions: dalebb
I have been on this forum for over a year, and for the most part have found everyone very helpful, and I have helped those I could, coming from a Aviation background, but not RC stuff. Started with a P1, then P2, then P2+v3 and now the P3. I have flown RC helicopters as I was a crew chief for many years and have a fondness for them. The issue I see is many of us have been in the hobby for years, some much longer than me, but we have something in common, we learned to fly without the auto-everything, and sometimes get frustrated with the oh-so-often repeated questions that could easily be answered by either reading the PDF manual or using the forum search feature. This is actually a symptom of the P3 itself, it is so easy to fly (flies itself) that many feel they don't need to study in depth, just jump on the forum and ask away, not caring or knowing that the answer to their question has been answered many times, sometimes on the previous page. Some have had issues that were plainly outlined in the manual that they either skimmed, or didn't bother to read in detail, and are surprised when the P3 doesn't do what they thought it should, sometimes resulting in a crash. As a Army crew-chief I was responsible for every functioning part of my bird, and although it was almost impossible to know everything in the 3 6" thick tech manuals I **** well knew where to find it. If I went to my TI with a question I should have known I had my *** handed to me, but quick, with no nice talk. If my P3 ever does a crash-N-burn my first question will be "What did I do wrong to cause that" And after examining my actions if I determine my procedures were all correct then I look at the bird for the fault. 98% of aircraft crashes are pilot error, because we are human, and make mistakes.
OK, end of rant......

I want to say I am sorry for causing drama, I just wanted to say that noobs as dumb as we are need respect too. So with that I say goodnight and sweet dreams.

Each post by "blade strike" shows how arrogant this individual is...there must be other "representatives" of DJI, which are more "user friendly" out there. Information is useful, but as with teaching, one is only receptive to learning if the experience is pleasant.
Let's see, you have been here less than a month with 3 posts, yet you feel you have the moxie to pass judgement on someone who has helped countless members, who has put up with tonnes of crap, and is DJI employee and a member of the testing group. Talk about arrogant, perhaps you should reflect inward.

I have been on this forum for over a year, and for the most part have found everyone very helpful, and I have helped those I could, coming from a Aviation background, but not RC stuff. Started with a P1, then P2, then P2+v3 and now the P3. I have flown RC helicopters as I was a crew chief for many years and have a fondness for them. The issue I see is many of us have been in the hobby for years, some much longer than me, but we have something in common, we learned to fly without the auto-everything, and sometimes get frustrated with the oh-so-often repeated questions that could easily be answered by either reading the PDF manual or using the forum search feature. This is actually a symptom of the P3 itself, it is so easy to fly (flies itself) that many feel they don't need to study in depth, just jump on the forum and ask away, not caring or knowing that the answer to their question has been answered many times, sometimes on the previous page. Some have had issues that were plainly outlined in the manual that they either skimmed, or didn't bother to read in detail, and are surprised when the P3 doesn't do what they thought it should, sometimes resulting in a crash. As a Army crew-chief I was responsible for every functioning part of my bird, and although it was almost impossible to know everything in the 3 6" thick tech manuals I **** well knew where to find it. If I went to my TI with a question I should have known I had my *** handed to me, but quick, with no nice talk. If my P3 ever does a crash-N-burn my first question will be "What did I do wrong to cause that" And after examining my actions if I determine my procedures were all correct then I look at the bird for the fault. 98% of aircraft crashes are pilot error, because we are human, and make mistakes.
OK, end of rant......

I like your rant. Well done. :D

Reactions: dirkclod
I want to say I am sorry for causing drama, I just wanted to say that noobs as dumb as we are need respect too. So with that I say goodnight and sweet dreams.
Don't be sorry, the maximum effective range of a "sorry" is zero meters. The fact that your post got so many responses is a indication it needed to be aired.

Debate is welcome but do not single out members. This thread will be short lived if were not all civil to each other.
We are all aware of some of the issues... how about some solid suggestions on how we can help new people.
And keep in mind, you can bring a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

If that was a "flat out personal attack", I got a feeling you didn't wait 15 like your signature says you do.

Care to clarify? :confused:

It's hard to "clarify" what isn't there, I'm confused with your reply/quote, no mention was made about anyone apart from encouraging Dirk to use his blank stare more to peoples rudeness.

This one has me beat. I normally wouldn't respond to an individual post like this but you seem to want clarification of something that more likely required comprehension, hope that helped.

Sorry I was unclear and hope that fixed it up a bit and I also hope that didn't sound not nice.
:) (a happy smile)

edit: I see now, but for the sake of a comma ""Blank Stares" to the rude Captian Dirk""

Last edited:
It's hard to "clarify" what isn't there, I'm confused with your reply/quote, no mention was made about anyone apart from encouraging Dirk to use his blank stare more to peoples rudeness.

This one has me beat. I normally wouldn't respond to an individual post like this but you seem to want clarification of something that more likely required comprehension, hope that helped.

Sorry I was unclear and hope that fixed it up a bit and I also hope that didn't sound not nice.
:) (a happy smile)
Misunderstanding there buddy :) Thought ya called me Rude .
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20