Stolen P3

With this thread, one might assume the pilot saw his bird go down. When he went there to retrieve it maybe it was gone? Hence, the pilot assumed it was stolen. But what good is a P3 without the controller?
yes but there are many controllers on ebay so for a few hundred he is up and running its not like there are one offs only working with one phantom

I'm always buying used drones, usually on auctions. Sometimes I do feel uncertain on the legality of the source, especially when I see "drone only, no RC or charger" or "already sold the accessories".
Sometimes people can't even name the RC, ie they refer to it as "pad".

Would be nice to have a database of stolen items, like drone S/Ns, battery S/Ns, and for WiFi drones - the SSIDs.

Currently I'm bidding a Spark which makes me wonder about this again:
SSID: Spark-3cf57b
S/N: 0ASDE841B1001J

I'm always buying used drones, usually on auctions. Sometimes I do feel uncertain on the legality of the source, especially when I see "drone only, no RC or charger" or "already sold the accessories".
Sometimes people can't even name the RC, ie they refer to it as "pad".

Would be nice to have a database of stolen items, like drone S/Ns, battery S/Ns, and for WiFi drones - the SSIDs.

Currently I'm bidding a Spark which makes me wonder about this again:
SSID: Spark-3cf57b
S/N: 0ASDE841B1001J

I Have a P3P on ebay right now that the controller fell into 2 pieces. I have another one that I may throw on next. Seems like that was a common problem with them. That and I've bought a few "bundles" and relisted the stuff I didn't need, or throw it on to recover a few bucks for the ones I want to keep. So, I think a lot of that goes on too with the auctions. I too have wondered though.....How would I know if any of this was stolen or not?

Especially.....The listings that pop on late at night $150 for the whole mess. I've bought a couple of those. but often wonder......

Added...I just realized this thread was years old...ooops.....

I also think most of these drones do have an "ID". If you were to do something really wrong and accidentally dive it into someone or cause real damage. They will know who owns the drone. So, yes...in extreme cases they can and will find the owner. But...I don't think they waste the time and energy over a theft if one is stolen from one of us. I may have been told wrong on that too...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj