Stock long distance range

Reaction score
How are you guys managing these long distances out of the box. My personal best is 843 ft. I'm in FCC mode and I have a clear line of sight. I'm losing control signal, not camera view. I'm a little disappointed. Input and knowledge appreciated!

My Max stock was 1500' out at 400' up...

With just the PV Booster App running, I can easily hit 2200' out ....

I have reached 6600 feet distance with the stock PV2+ with only the wifi booster app. The real secret to achieving distance is maintaining LOS. I only get about 2500 feet near my house with the booster app because I have to fly through some trees. I only get about 1500 feet around my house without the booster app. I can imagine around tall buildings the range would be much less. To get to a longer distance I go somewhere away from any trees or buildings, preferably up on a hill.

I don't know for sure but I believe that flying in an area with RF interference reduces distance more than you would think. Everything stock, flying at 390', I have gone to 4200', 4400' and 4800'. With the booster, out to >7400' (although that was at 550'). This is with low humidity and little or no interference. I am careful about how I aim the antennas of course, and always start with the repeater fully charged. On the 7400' flight I was powering the repeater from a usb power pack. I haven't worried about the TX batteries much. Using eneloops and I charge them every 20 or 30 flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl