State Park Issue

Reaction score
I was flying my drone in bodie state park, when a park ranger came up to me and said I couldn’t fly. I sent the California park service an email inquiring -
“Hello! I was flying a drone in bodie state park. I was in the air for about half of my flight time, and landed and was planning on going to my car and getting a couple things and going out to fly again. I was then told by a female park ranger that I could not fly my drone. I asked “I thought that was national parks?” She replied and said “no,” that in state parks you cannot fly drones. I have looked at your website and it says that you are aloud to fly them. It says that unless there is a posted order by the district superintendent you are aloud. I was certain at the time but I did not talk back because I did not want to get a ticket in the slim chance I was wrong. I then got home and googled the law and according to the link - Unmanned Aircraft System (Drones) in State Parks . You are aloud. I think the woman’s name was katlyn. I am just asking that you educate your park rangers more about the drone laws, and where you can and cannot fly.”

I am very confused by the altercation and if anybody has any advice I would appreciate it.

Here in Pa. There are only a handful at best to fly in. Not allowed otherwise.

I just read this site to myself, not aloud. It says drones are not allowed in that state park.

It also says in the link I provided, that the order HAS to be posted to be in effect. When I went pass the check in booth there were no signs saying anything about drones. There wasn’t even anything in the tour guide that was available for purchase.

I
It also says in the link I provided, that the order HAS to be posted to be in effect. When I went pass the check in booth there were no signs saying anything about drones. There wasn’t even anything in the tour guide that was available for purchase.
It's posted on the website, you just read it.

I

It's posted on the website, you just read it.

I would assume that it would mean posted in person. Like when you go hunting and it says “posted no trespassing.” And you would have no way of knowing that the district superintendent posted it. It could just be a person who doesn’t like drones.

We are allowed to fly them where I live in AR., so I have the website's rules about drones printed out, laminated, and in the drone cases in the event an officer (who is unaware of the law) stops us and we can show them.

Sorry kromar! I stopped by a park office to ask about flying a month or so ago and the ranger printed out a list of state parks you can fly in. . I threw away the list because there were only like 5 state parks and none of them were close to western Pa.

Sorry kromar! I stopped by a park office to ask about flying a month or so ago and the ranger printed out a list of state parks you can fly in. . I threw away the list because there were only like 5 state parks and none of them were close to western Pa.

No problem thanks anyway

I’m in Pa. what state parks are we aloud to fly in. I’d like to avoid those we can’t. Thanks
Here are the few that is allow and you need to be a member of AMA in order to fly there: "The bureau may grant permits for drone use at designated flying sites at Beltzville State Park, Benjamin Rush State Park, Hillman State Park, Lackawanna State Park, Prompton State Park, and Tuscarora State Park; however, drone use at other state parks or outside of the designated flying sites at the 6 parks listed"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik