Started New DJI Dealership

Drone Master

DJI Tech And Advisor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hello DJI Pilots,
I’m starting this thread to see what you would want in your inventory if you were a Authorized DJI Dealer. The idea behind asking this is, I have become a dealer in my area and want to do a thread on what pilots would like to see the dealerships they shop with have to offer. I have invested 100K in this venture and would like to see what all Phantom pilots thoughts are. I know that parts and accessories are important to everyone here.

Give me your personnel insiight to the perfect DJI Dealership!

That means all Products from DJI.

Please!, No negative comments, because you had some bad experience with another dealer. I’m just asking for your positive input into helping you and all pilots in the future with product and service. I have been a RC pilot for many years and decided to finally do this.

Wish me Luck! Oh Yeah! Our Online Store Site will be launching soon!

Keep It Flying!!! Blue Bird…..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
Hello DJI Pilots,
I’m starting this thread to see what you would want in your inventory if you were a Authorized DJI Dealer. The idea behind asking this is, I have become a dealer in my area and want to do a thread on what pilots would like to see the dealerships they shop with have to offer. I have invested 100K in this venture and would like to see what all Phantom pilots thoughts are. I know that parts and accessories are important to everyone here.

Give me your personnel insiight to the perfect DJI Dealership!

That means all Products from DJI.

Please!, No negative comments, because you had some bad experience with another dealer. I’m just asking for your positive input into helping you and all pilots in the future with product and service. I have been a RC pilot for many years and decided to finally do this.

Wish me Luck! Oh Yeah! Our Online Store Site will be launching soon!

Keep It Flying!!! Blue Bird…..
I think It would be nice to have a store that had all the replacement parts for all the phantoms( props, prop guards, motors). I also think a store would sell more of these if they did live demonstrations showing the capability of them.

Reactions: DEaston and 750r
International shipping but not expensive thu. And small accessories offer free international shipping.
Paypal
High quality Customer service
Authorized parts&accessories such as phantom shell stickers, gimbal guards& saver, motor replacement, drone wrap. Etc
Also, would be nice to have official answers for common questions.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 750r
A shop that is knowledgeable, has many parts in stock and offers good service.

You invested $100k in a shop and are _now_ asking what fliers want? Better late then never but it's a little backwards.

Everything said above, plus, you did write up a solid business plan, didn't you? This stuff should already be in there.

Nice neighborhood Tom :)
Ya gonna be a sponsor in here with your online store or do we find it in
Classified's when ya go hot ?
Looking forward to seeing your discounts to our fellow members here :)

You should sell mosquito repellent, and all the stuff posted before me sounds good too.

Folks love to see "FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING" Mr. Ivines.

Welcome to the party, and good luck with your venture.

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
Man, some of you guys are tough. I'm sure Blue Bird did a lot of work investigating what to stock in his new shop. I took his question as a double check with several forums to see if anyone can contribute something he didn't think of. If you'd can't help BlueBird with constructive input, it's best to shut up so you don't impact your own integrity, coming across like a negative attitude moron.

OK Blue Bird, here's one thing I would definitely try to specialize in and offer my customers if I was you.

The first accessories I purchased AFTER I bought my multi-rotor was 3 more batteries, and a multi-charger that would charge all 4 of my 5400Mah batteries simultaneously. Then, I needed instructions how to fabricate the cables (charge and equalize cables) with the battery connectors for my specific Li-Po battery type. This charger is what I bought ($200) because it would charge all 4 of my batteries at 1C rate, each at 5.4amps, simultaneously. I get a full charge on 4 batteries in about 75min, which is sweet. This particular charger is an all-in-one unit. Many of the high-end chargers require a separate power supply and charger. It's convenient to have everything in one unit. It took a while to figure out the charger programming, but the manual was pretty good. It's adaptable to almost any Li-Po battery for multi-rotors, so it will work on my next quad purchase (Phantom 3) when DJI gets their production issues straightened out. Some videos would be helpful for the programming and cable fab aspects, but not mandatory. This charger is good for P3, Inspire, Q500 and other photo-centric multi-rotors, however you'll also want to offer even higher end chargers for the race type DIY quads that can take higher 3C and 4C+ charge rates for super fast charging. Those type chargers usually require separate power supplies due to the extra high amperage.

Good luck with the shop. I think the timing to start a quad shop is perfect right now. There's some interesting new ideas coming out in the next year, Solo, Lily, Chroma, etc. The competition between manufacturers will be fascinating to see evolve things over the next few years. You'll be in the thick of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
Man, some of you guys are tough. I'm sure Blue Bird did a lot of work investigating what to stock in his new shop. I took his question as a double check with several forums to see if anyone can contribute something he didn't think of. If you'd can't help BlueBird with constructive input, it's best to shut up so you don't impact your own integrity, coming across like a negative attitude moron.
Wow calm down bud no one tossing hate :rolleyes:
Dropping a 100g a nice chunk is going to DJI just to sell their product and be on their list .
Stock on parts is a big part people crashing every minute on this board . So
Props , ECS's , Motors , all Gimbal parts (first thing to break) , cams for the Vision guys , battery's , Chargers , the list goes on and on .
The biggest thing I would suggest is know all the birds inside and out I would say 80% of the people here do not know how to fix anything or trouble shoot a problem . To be honest 100g will burn up quick .
GL keep us informed ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Man, some of you guys are tough. . If you'd can't help BlueBird with constructive input, it's best to shut up so you don't impact your own integrity, coming across like a negative attitude moron.
blank stare.png
First post huh ! Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your venture. I think everyone agrees they appreciate a well setup and well run shop. I would suggest you become a vendor on the site as it comes with many benefits. Also, be sure you have read the rules for the forum and pay close attention to #10. ;)

Everything said above, plus, you did write up a solid business plan, didn't you? This stuff should already be in there.
Hi Snerd, Our business model was started over a year ago and most all of it is in place, however as technology changes, so does the demand on product and services. I come to the forums as it and the members are one of the best resources for what pilots want in a dealer. It helps us keep the business model up to date for all pilots. Thanks for the feedback..

Hi Snerd, Our business model was started over a year ago and most all of it is in place, however as technology changes, so does the demand on product and services. I come to the forums as it and the members are one of the best resources for what pilots want in a dealer. It helps us keep the business model up to date for all pilots. Thanks for the feedback..
Smart move. Customers like to know that the business is involved at this level............... where we congregate!

OK Blue Bird, here's one thing I would definitely try to specialize in and offer my customers if I was you.

The first accessories I purchased AFTER I bought my multi-rotor was 3 more batteries, and a multi-charger that would charge all 4 of my 5400Mah batteries simultaneously. Then, I needed instructions how to fabricate the cables (charge and equalize cables) with the battery connectors for my specific Li-Po battery type. This charger is what I bought ($200) because it would charge all 4 of my batteries at 1C rate, each at 5.4amps, simultaneously. I get a full charge on 4 batteries in about 75min, which is sweet. This particular charger is an all-in-one unit. Many of the high-end chargers require a separate power supply and charger. It's convenient to have everything in one unit. It took a while to figure out the charger programming, but the manual was pretty good. It's adaptable to almost any Li-Po battery for multi-rotors, so it will work on my next quad purchase (Phantom 3) when DJI gets their production issues straightened out. Some videos would be helpful for the programming and cable fab aspects, but not mandatory. This charger is good for P3, Inspire, Q500 and other photo-centric multi-rotors, however you'll also want to offer even higher end chargers for the race type DIY quads that can take higher 3C and 4C+ charge rates for super fast charging. Those type chargers usually require separate power supplies due to the extra high amperage.

Good luck with the shop. I think the timing to start a quad shop is perfect right now. There's some interesting new ideas coming out in the next year, Solo, Lily, Chroma, etc. The competition between manufacturers will be fascinating to see evolve things over the next few years. You'll be in the thick of it.
Thank you John for the feedback. As our store grows larger, we will offer more outside products from other manufactures to increase revenue. We will have online tutorials as new products are introduced.
Welcome to the forums.. Blue..

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your venture. I think everyone agrees they appreciate a well setup and well run shop. I would suggest you become a vendor on the site as it comes with many benefits. Also, be sure you have read the rules for the forum and pay close attention to #10. ;)
Thanks LuvMyTJ. I am well aware of the forum rules and no need to worry. I have been a member on Inspire Pilots for a while and I am all to aware. I'm just looking for feed back from fellow pilots. Thanks again. Blue...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic