Stability help please!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new around here and I've had my Phantom 3 professional for about 3 weeks now.

I crashed it last week, the camera broke off, the compass wire broke, and this is what ive done since:

-I sent the camera to get repaired
-in the meantime, I bought the advanced Camera and installed it.
-repaired the wires for the compass
-updated the aircraft firmware to the p3Advanced
-calibrated gimbal and imu

When I fire it up, everything seems fine until about 10 seconds into flight, the aircraft starts losing stability. It starts to tilt one way, overcorrects, then overcorrects again. And it just get bad from there. Even when I assume control and attempt to land the aircraft, it fights even though it's now on the ground. It thinks that it's still in the air. It then tilts sideways, crashes, flips upside down, and I have to remove the battery.

So, other than the obvious whats wrong question, do you think that it could be the fact that it has an Advanced camera and Advanced firmware? Could something else be broken? Any suggestions would be helpful because I really don't want to buy another drone.

There was another report of the same issue after a crash. Had to do with the the IMU and locked on a tilt setting when it crashed. He sent it to a shop that did something to the IMU to re set it level. Let me see if I can find the post.
Here it is found it on the inspire site.
It sounds like the imu is stuck at tilt limit mine had the same problem WOT hobbies fixed mine. I don't know how they fixed it but I herd them talking about resetting IMU range

I've fixed it. It turned out that there was a barely broken compass wire.

And for those of you who are wondering, I have successfully installed an Advanced camera on a Professional drone. It was a cheaper alternative to replacing the Pro camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl