Squirt gun attachment

This forum does have many varied interests among it's members.

It is primarily photography based though as is the Phantom.
There are no provisions for such payload and dispensing add-ons and what has been done is somewhat limited.

Multi-rotors can definitely be used for what you wish but as mentioned earlier the Phantom is the wrong platform and cost-effectiveness may be low at this time due to maturity. Such a rig may cost several thousand dollars by the time you are finished.

1. So I started a thread that was closed pretty quickly regarding this topic. I'd like to merge into this one and see if there's anything new to be learned. the main difference in what I'm trying to accomplish is that I would doing this commercially for my own business and not on my own house and also my preference is to drop the grannual or powdered version of moss treatment instead of the liquid treatment.
  2. I'm not a drone pilot and I under I would have a big learning curve to take in but I'm mostly wondering if it is a viable solution to look into for the commercial application. Of course most of the time it's not a big deal to get up there on a ladder but there a lot of jobs where the safety risks are too high for a super steep roof. I'm positive those clients would pay the necessary fee to substantiate my long term investment into rolling out a service that no one else is offering.
  3. I'm hoping to get more input on the actual deliver mechanism I could employ to have some sort down sort of container triggered to open up or rotated 180 degrees to dump out and as I learned earlier in a thread, there is the issue of rotor wash to over come which I didn't consider. I appreciate all your input. Thanks

I was wanting to use granules as well but thought they would get blown around is why I switched to the liquid idea. And if your roof is steep like mine they roll off easy. I was thinking maybe tide cause it's powder and maybe stick better. I thought if I hosed down the roof first I could get it to stick better...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you can hose down the roof, why can't you apply liquid remedies the same way?

I don't have what you call moss but green mildew . I use one of those pressure washers that will also dispense
any liquid at whatever rate you wish and I use Clorox . Then just water after it sets for abit . Comes right off .
Is not what you are wishing to do as I do the whole house once a year . Is a 2 story .
Is not what your trying to accomplish with your drone and would be more fun but needed to post something somewhere
so just saying :)

Reactions: N017RW
I agree as my p-washer also has a siphon attachment.

This 'project' seems more about the means rather than the end.

I agree as my p-washer also has a siphon attachment.

This 'project' seems more about the means rather than the end.
No, for me it's more about solving an issue and being first in a market where no one is innovating. Believe me, It's a legit opportunity and not just a hopefull solution in search of a problem.
I appreciate the input from everyone though ... I'm super new to the concept of what a drone can and can't do. Maybe I'm too early for what the technology will support in payload?

For me one of my roof peeks is like 30ft off the ground and the pitch of my roof is too steep to walk on. So when I was flying my drone up there to get a look at the moss I thought if I could only drop some moss kill right there with my drone. I mean it was literally hovering over the area I needed to put moss kill on. I'm not looking to do this for a job or something, just trying to solve my own problem and do it in a fun way using my drone...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

No, for me it's more about solving an issue and being first in a market where no one is innovating. Believe me, It's a legit opportunity and not just a hopefull solution in search of a problem.
I appreciate the input from everyone though ... I'm super new to the concept of what a drone can and can't do. Maybe I'm too early for what the technology will support in payload?

One place to start is the Patent office.

There you'll find that this is not a new idea.
(The agriculture market has several offerings.)

Perhaps your solution may be novel but the 'being first to market' ship has already set sail.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl