Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Spring's Coming, Getting Ready To Fly Again

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lil boss, Mar 20, 2017.

1. lil boss

Hi All, Saturday's high temps forecasted for low 70's so I thought I'd take my P3P up. It hasn't been flown since last fall, and I have read about all the nightmares regarding the latest forced updates, faulty firmware updates, etc. It seems the more I read about the update issues the more confused I become. So, here is what I have...
    APP 3.1.3 (sorry, it FORCED me to update). Firmware Version 1.9.6.0. Remote Controller 1.6.0.

DJI Go App says I need to update Remote Controller, Aircraft, and Camera. I'm afraid to do anything! I fired the bird up inside (props off) and got front arm LED's solid red, and rear arm slow flashing green. App says P-GPS Ready To Go (GPS) Home Point Recorded, but somewhere I saw Satellite Positioning Off.

Sorry to ask this, but as I said, the more I read the more confused I get. What do I need to update, or backdate, to fly safely ??? Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks !!!

2. Digdat0

Honestly, I wouldn't update anything or change anything. Its good to fly, just make sure you fully charge your batteries. The Satellite positioning off is probably cause you were inside, nothing to worry about.

Oso likes this.
  3. Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka

I'd say, do not update. The latest FW update screwed my video transmission. Now I'm back to FW 1.7.60 AC and 1.5.8 RC and my fpv video is flawless and range is more than I ever need. :)

Digdat0 likes this.
  4. lil boss

Sorry for the late reply.... Thanks for your thoughts.... That's what I'll do.... Fly cautiously to make sure all is well, then let er rip as before... THANKS !!!

Oso likes this.