Spinning spiral of death black screen

Connected to the phantom's wifi.
On PC devices > Click start > Run > Type CMD and press enter. This will start a DOS box.
Type PING 192.168.1.10 on the prompt and press enter.
When I did this the DOS box told me 4 sent 0 recieved. Actually it also told me it timed out. I have everything working correctly but black screen. bummer...

Did you check the other board? I always ping 192.164.2.1 then 192.168.1.2 and last 192.169.1.10. This lets you know if your connected to the right WiFi. If you don’t get a response, you know your not on the right connection. I check the bottom board last.

Attachments

• 3222100C-489B-486C-92B4-EB7B243E4BD4.png
    3222100C-489B-486C-92B4-EB7B243E4BD4.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 441
I didn't know there was another board.... Will give it a try and report back. Really appreciate the help.

A couple of things to try

Hi Guys, I must be doing something wrong, or I'm in worse shape than I thought. I get the message like your DOS page David but they all say 4 sent, 0 received 100% total loss. It says 32 bytes of info sent too.
Crash1sttime thanks for that video. I started watching it last weekend. I guess I'll try that next.
I'm saving up for a Mavic Pro Platinum....:-(
R&R

I have windows 7 professional. Nothing more than USB port in computer to port in drone, turn on battery, and #21 right? Tonight I'll see if there's any difference trying different ports. I download flight videos so I'm pretty sure it's working. Meanwhile I'm searching local Walmart for Arctic silver paste...

When you do a ping test, it works through your wifi connection. You don't have to be connected with a cable. On the bottom right side you will see a Network connection icon. This is where you connect your wifi from your drone.
If you have unpaired the extender and drone, you will need to reconnect it. Youtube has a video on this.
Once you have the two paired, then you can perform the ping test.
1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. Right click on start and select command prompt (windows 8)
4. ping 192.168.1.2
If ping successful, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
5. ping 192.168.1.1
If ping successful, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
6. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping successful, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Thanks again David for your consistent help. Really appreciated. I will try this tonight since I haven't been on site here for a few days. Results to follow, and then next course of action. I still fly it, but would like to get a little more hands on FPV before an "upgrade"

Successful test at last! Thanks for your patience. The first two tests came back good, the last test ping 192.168.1.10 told me "host unreachable". David you say my bottom board is broken. Physically broke, or electronically? Is this where the Artic silver paste application takes place, or do I need a new extender?
Thanks!

That just means you bottom board is bad. It can be reflashed if not burnt. There is a guy on eBay that does it for less than half the cost of a new one. I highly recommend him. His name is Turner. DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Video Transmission Module Repair Svc - FPV WiFi Wi-Fi. He has done several for me with good results. Nice guy, very knowledgeable and a great communicator. Fast turn-a-round too. Good luck.
P.S. he also does the Artic silver paste mod for you.

Your welcome, he's a good honest person. If he can't fix it, he will return it no charge. He's fixed all of mine!

Hi, has anyone got a wifi module with the black video issue, but still showing tenementary that I could buy off them? It would need to be posted to the UK, but it shouldn't cost more than a few pounds (posting worldwide for a UK large letter is about £3-4.

I would like to experiment on the fixing of them.

Thanks

As I always i try to remember to post results, I am happy to report that my FPV is fixed! I did two successful flights yesterday and it's a joy to see where I'm going again. The repair service done by Turner is outstanding, and he's also very willing to answer your questions. So the person who's keeping track on how to fix the missing FPV add me to your list. I used a battery, which I had FPV and then didn't so I have been under the impression that aftermarket batteries might have been the problem, work fine, and it also told me I had 21 minutes of flight time! Something I never noticed before was you still get FPV even if your not recording.... yes I'm a little slow, or I always record everything? LOL... Here's what Turner wrote me:
Your module had some software module corruptions preventing it from booting up. I've reflashed the affected binaries to the NAND system memory. I've also added Arctic Silver thermal compound to the heat sensitive parts.
I don't know what that means, but it worked. My only concern in the whole process is what does NAND system mean, and can I accidentally get out of it. Also will it affect calibration. My drone was doing a lot of drifting yesterday. But overall I'm very pleased.
David and others, thanks again for helping me get the drone working again.

Reactions: nuibypass
Your welcome, happy flying. You might want to do an advance calibration on the IMU if you phantom is drifting. Did you have a lock on 7 satellites?

I didn’t even check. Not in that habit yet... I will the next time. My first flight was out in the cornfields my second was in the suburbs.. I’m going to watch that closer next time. If I get red and green lights I just assume I’m good to go.

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
If it’s flashing all green, then you have seven more satellites. If you don’t have seven satellites, that might be why you were drifting. If you have a low satellite count you can open up the phantom and move your Compass wire underneath the shielding. There are several videos on this on YouTube.

That just means you bottom board is bad. It can be reflashed if not burnt. There is a guy on eBay that does it for less than half the cost of a new one. I highly recommend him. His name is Turner. DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Video Transmission Module Repair Svc - FPV WiFi Wi-Fi. He has done several for me with good results. Nice guy, very knowledgeable and a great communicator. Fast turn-a-round too. Good luck.
P.S. he also does the Artic silver paste mod for you.

Can i have Tuner s email?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl