Spark Gesture Mode Reliability

Reaction score
I have experienced very poor reliability of the gesture mode.

The face recognition seems slow at times.....but, if you keep at it, it eventually connects into the gesture mode.

The extended hand to position the Spark does work, but sometimes is too difficult to make it worthwhile. My arm gets tired holding it out with my wrist bent. Sometimes I need to take a break and let my arm relax before I can keep trying. I don't think I'm a wimp!

The wave of the hand to get Spark to move up and back is very difficult to make happen. I need to practice more with this and see if I find a way to make it work better.

The selfie feature seems to work the best. I've been able to take selfies pretty reliably....at least reliably enough to trust I can get a picture.

The follow mode once Spark is up and away works with effort. I have to stop and move back to have Spark find me.....and I'm not moving fast! My real problem with it is once it loses me, I haven't been able to reconnect with Spark. That leaves Spark hanging in the air while I wait for the batttery to die so it will land. One time it landed when the batteries got low enough, and one time it activated the return to home. I've never reconnected and had Spark return to me.

The Beckon gesture has only worked once for me. It has about the same high level of unreliability as the wave motion to get Spark to fly up and away.

Anyone having good success with the gesture? Can you offer some tips or tricks you've found? I hate to give up too soon......

I haven't been able to shoot video in gesture mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31