Spank me and call me addicted - Newbie P2V+ Owner Here!

Reaction score
Howdy from Utah. I am not new to Quadcopters but I am to the Phantom..... This is a Cadillac compared to all the others so far. Just picked up my first DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 today and after a mishap with a failed update (Thought I bought a Flying Lemon) All it did was Beep at me. Thank goodness I'm a technical person because I found a workaround online and it finally successfully updated and powered up. Other than that I hope it works great from here on out lol Knock on wood.....

Anyway any helpful tips are appreciated and a big hello from a newbie.

Welcome to the forum CoolClownFish!

The firmware updates can be the the most frustrating part. The birds themselves are super easy to fly when you figure out all the pre-flight routine.

I guess you a reefer, too? I have a Marroon Clown who's 15 years old.

Utah not far from me, good to see you here.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum CoolClownFish!

The firmware updates can be the the most frustrating part. The birds themselves are super easy to fly when you figure out all the pre-flight routine.

I guess you a reefer, too? I have a Marroon Clown who's 15 years old.

Utah not far from me, good to see you here.
I used to be in Reefing real bad but had to get out when we moved into a smaller apartment. I am planning a complete fish room when I get into my own house.

As for the P2V+ I just took it for a real short (super windy outside) trip around the property and it flies like a dream but it really don't like to land on the legs really well. About gave me a heart attack. Are there any landing gear alternatives for the Phantom?

Reactions: Fplvert
Landing is easy.

Lower the bird to a hover about 6 or so feet, walk up and hold her by a leg or the battery, and pull the throttle all the way down.

Motors shut down in 3 seconds when held stationary.

This is what we call hand catching.

Landing is easy.

Lower the bird to a hover about 6 or so feet, walk up and hold her by a leg or the battery, and pull the throttle all the way down.

I did that but it seems a little tipsy. I'm thinking of a dowel and zip ties will stabilize it without altering the drone but I'm only worried about Field of View on the camera.

blank stare.png
Reefer :confused: smoked some once :eek:
Welcome to the forum CoolClownFish :)...Ya gonna love this place !!;)

I did that but it seems a little tipsy. I'm thinking of a dowel and zip ties will stabilize it without altering the drone but I'm only worried about Field of View on the camera.
Here's a guy who I follow.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You will have fun. It's definitely addictive.

LOL Not that kind of reefer. Live Coral Aquariums. It's as addicting as RC if not more. Thanks for the Welcome.
Ya got that **** right.jpg
Never tried that Coral but have heard it was addicting ! ;)

Reactions: Fplvert
Landing is easy.

Is it me, is it not, or is there something fundamentally wrong going on here :)

Hand catch, don't bother with the sticks or extenders.

Ok, here goes

"Anyway any helpful tips are appreciated and a big hello from a newbie."

So lets tell him how to
Hover
Walk towards the blades (designed to shred human flesh in a superb way)
Now walk into the hovering danger zone
Now gently reach into the field of the we beast and grasp the designed human flesh ripper by its we feet

Yes we have seen the videos :)

Alright we know he's a forum newbie not a remote control newbie but when I read that post I shuddered, but I am a wimp :)

blank stare.png
Only time the one's I've had ever touched the ground is when they have crashed ! :) Ya do have to be careful and do it right but I bet half the folks here get theirs
that way /or maybe not !;)
Ya not a wimp just cause ya don't hand catch though bro :)

Hand catch, don't bother with the sticks or extenders.

Nice to see you, DrJoe,

I hope you have some great family videos on the lake for us this year!

Reactions: DrJoe
Ok, here goes

"Anyway any helpful tips are appreciated and a big hello from a newbie."

So lets tell him how to
Hover
Walk towards the blades (designed to shred human flesh in a superb way)
Now walk into the hovering danger zone
Now gently reach into the field of the we beast and grasp the designed human flesh ripper by its we feet

Yes we have seen the videos :)

Alright we know he's a forum newbie not a remote control newbie but when I read that post I shuddered, but I am a wimp :)
image.jpg

Did you read the book? Did you watch the video?

Green Smurf.jpg Man that coral's greeeeat!!

Here's my nickel's worth.
If you want to use dowels, make an X. Parallel sticks won't prevent sideways tip overs. Granted those are much more infrequent, but whatever.
Prop guards are great if you're going to continue to land, or you just run into stuff, like me.
Don't spend too much time over water, or people. The smart battery isn't as smart as it should be.

When all else fails go to the reefer and grab a cold beer and then head into Off Topic. That's what I'm gonna do now. :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31